8-)
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
mlutzow
Rating: 7.69%
mlutzow

Re: Android Client 5.1 Release

Unread post by mlutzow »

Marty,

Very nice...the interface just keeps improving. I'm anxiously waiting for the History in the Android app, then it'll be just about perfect!
These users thanked the author mlutzow for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

How are you sending the updates to Google Play? Like the last version upgrade (4.0.9 to 5.0), I am showing that the app is "installed", but when I check the application manager to see what version I have, it currently says "5.0", not 5.1 (or whatever the new release happens to be).

I would assume there should be an "update" option, as I have with other apps (although most of the time, they just update themselves automatically).

Any ideas?
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

gurutech wrote:How are you sending the updates to Google Play? Like the last version upgrade (4.0.9 to 5.0), I am showing that the app is "installed", but when I check the application manager to see what version I have, it currently says "5.0", not 5.1 (or whatever the new release happens to be).

I would assume there should be an "update" option, as I have with other apps (although most of the time, they just update themselves automatically).

Any ideas?
hi,

i found out if you have previously from local installed apk, better you uninstall first and then install new from market
then the upgrade/update will work in the future.

i test the upgrade on some devices myself fine.

best regards
mlutzow

Unread post by mlutzow »

Greetings,

I don't know if this a bug or a feature but I've found that if I'm playing an audio file and I would like to 'jump' ahead in the file, if I touch the slider anywhere at some point forward, the slider will jump to the location touched but the audio will stop playing and after a minute or so the app will start playing the next file in the queue. However if I drag the slider (where I can watch the time indicator increment) the audio file will resume playback just fine.
GJ51
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by GJ51 »

mlutzow wrote:Greetings,

I don't know if this a bug or a feature but I've found that if I'm playing an audio file and I would like to 'jump' ahead in the file, if I touch the slider anywhere at some point forward, the slider will jump to the location touched but the audio will stop playing and after a minute or so the app will start playing the next file in the queue. However if I drag the slider (where I can watch the time indicator increment) the audio file will resume playback just fine.

I just tested on my server and do NOT see the same behavior. Mine is working properly.
mlutzow

Unread post by mlutzow »

I just tested on my server and do NOT see the same behavior. Mine is working properly.
This is using the Android client. The file has completely downloaded to the Android device (Galaxy Note 2) and is in cache. That's when the behavior is exhibited and repeatable.

Regards
nh5
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by nh5 »

Having a minor issue with the new release. Upon first opening the app, whether I'm connected to my server or using the app in offline mode, upon hitting play now on my selection, the app locks up, I get the madsonic is not responding prompt which I hit ok, app closes then reopens and works normally. Appears to be an issue only since I upgraded from 4.0.8. If I can get any logs or provide anything to help debugging let me know.
mlutzow

Unread post by mlutzow »

Having a minor issue with the new release. Upon first opening the app, whether I'm connected to my server or using the app in offline mode, upon hitting play now on my selection, the app locks up, I get the madsonic is not responding prompt which I hit ok, app closes then reopens and works normally. Appears to be an issue only since I upgraded from 4.0.8. If I can get any logs or provide anything to help debugging let me know.
I've experienced this issue a few times a well, but it happens when I first launch the app from the widget on my desktop.