ANDROID CLIENT: Make Madsonic a Share Destination...

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
etyrnal

ANDROID CLIENT: Make Madsonic a Share Destination...

Unread post by etyrnal »

:idea:Make the Android Client a SHARE target: :idea:

:idea:Meaning, add a feature to Madsonic such that, when using an Android device, if a user selects "Share" from within ANY app that will allow it, such as a file browser, or a video player app, or a music player app, and the media type is one that Madsonic can Serve/Play/Transcode, such as an mp3, or an ogg, or some video file, such as the videos a smartphone camera can take, the Madsonic Android Client will upload the currently selected Madsonic Server, into that server's default Upload directory, and it will nudge the Madsonic Server to add it to the database so that it is immediately playable.

For instance, if i email myself an mp3 song, or a friend does for some music we are collaborating on, i can share that file using/to/thru the Madsonic Client, and it will ask which server (known servers from Madsonic Android Client settings... in case there are multiple -- i have three).

:idea:It would also be cool to see a plug-in or plug-in system developed where i can email a song to the Madsonic Server, and it will check to see if any of the attachments are valid playable media, then load it into the Servers "Incomming" music directory.

:idea:Would also be cool if i could just give Madsonic a URL to an online media file that i'd like it to load, such as a down-loadable archive.org. i.e. Point Madsonic Server or Client to a url, the server would check the url to see if it serves valid playable media, then either retrieve it and save it in the server, or add it to the library, and stream it to you through the server...

:idea:it could also be used to create instances in your media library of, for instance, Youtube videos, that the server coudl keep in it's database as a media entity. Meaning, if the user requests the server "play" an "song" instance that actually resolves to a Youtube video (for instance), the Madsonic Server, could start streaming the Youtube video, and transcoding it to mp3 and stream it to the Madsonic Android Client etc...

:idea:
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: ANDROID CLIENT: Make Madsonic a Share Destination...

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

some new sharing function will come with the new android client 5.5

*) easy share function (button) to send links with (SMS, Messenger, Facebook, ...)

*) in-app deep link support (Link your media to Webpages)

*) madsonic schema share redirector

*) autoswitch server-profil

examples

Code: Select all

madsonic://myserver.com/get/id/1234

madsonic://localhost:9000/get/playlist/20

madsonic://myserver.com:8080/get/share/ABCD

madsonic://myserver.com:8080/search/artist/abba

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
etyrnal
Rating: 7.69%
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

i like that idea too, but did you get the idea i was talking about?

if i have an mp3 file on my phone, what i would like to be able to do is, either:

A.) Go into my android file manager, select that mp3 file, then choose "Share with...", and "Madsonic Android Client" would be one of the choices. If i select it, then the client UPLOADS that mp3 file to my Madsonic server... assuming the user i am logged in to the my Madsonic Server has upload privileges.

OR

B.) From WITHIN the Madsonic Android app, tell it i want to upload a file to my Madsonic server, then it presents me with a file navigation dialog to navigate to an mp3 file residing on my phone, and once selected, it will UPLOAD that mp3 file to my Madsonic server... assuming the user i am logged as on Madsonic Server has upload privileges.
lindseynicole010
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by lindseynicole010 »

thanks