SERVER: Create "metagenres" which include various sub-genre

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
etyrnal

SERVER: Create "metagenres" which include various sub-genre

Unread post by etyrnal »

Apologies in advance for my poor writing style, grammatic travesties, typos etc.

it would be cool if there were a way to create 'meta-genres'... meaning, you could create a meta-genre called +dubstep, and you would tell Madsonic that the metagenre +dubstep INCLUDES the id3tag genres dubstep, darkstep, clubstep, lovestep, momstep, whatever step

The idea being, seems so many people have a different idea of what genres are...

by allowing the creation, in the server db, or a "metagenre", you can 'fix' hundreds of miscreant genres at once....

the work flow would be:

Select "Create/Manage Metagenre"

Server asks for name of metagenre...

You tell it "+dance"....

Then it gives you a toggle list (like in "Radio").

You click/toggle all the genres you want to be included in your meta-genra

Then you save it...

You now have a metagenre, and it can be selected as a genre...

so You make a metagenre called "+dance" and select, techno, dubstep, disco, garage, dnb, funk" etc, now You can have a more efficient genre selection method, and it helps to solve the problem of having so many errant genres in your library.

Now you want to listen to a selection of genres YOU consider to be dance-ish, so you just tell Madsonic to play the META-GENRE that YOU created, and it will include ALL the sub-genres you added to your meta-genre

Create a meta-genre called +relax... select, jazz, chill, ambient, classical, baroque... SAVE... now in the future, when you want to relax, you just tel Madsonic you want to listen to genre +relax
jsgates
Has thanked: 0

Re: SERVER: Create "metagenres" which include various sub-g

Unread post by jsgates »

This sounds like a cool idea! +1 for this! I just spent a lot of time updating my genre tags, but I can see how this could be very useful, especially on a per user basis. Because my idea of one genre might not be the same as one of my other users. (ie. an artist I have tagged as "Alternative" in the genre tag, another user might consider "Metal" or "Hard Rock".

-hogfan