Scrolling through a large number of artists [Solved]

Mission accomplished!
carltonh
Has thanked: 0

Scrolling through a large number of artists [Solved]

Unread post by carltonh »

I have over 1300 artists in my Madsonic server. With the Madsonic app, it defaults to only scroll through 20 at a time, with the option to change it to 100 at a time. This takes me forever if I want to get to my list of artists starting with Y, it takes an insane amount of time to scroll by 100s.

Then somehow when switching to a Holo theme in the app, the ability to scroll though all 1300 at once, along with the all important right edge scroll option were there, and so I was happy. (I'd think this should be default.) BUT, when I opened the Madsonic app the next day, that option to scroll through all artists at once was no longer there. I was still on the Holo theme, so there must be something else.

Note that this is default in the Ultrasonic app when opening "Media Library". I'd like that functionality default, or simple and easy to find.

Another couple Ultrasonic features I feel missing in the Madsonic app is listing track numbers when I open an album, and seeing that I'm on, for instance, track 5/11, within the album or playlist on the main play screen.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Scrolling through a large number of artists

Unread post by Madsonic »

hi there,

i will add more options how many entries you can display at once and add enabled the fast-scroll option.
This should help to go fast trough your large lists.

Next week i will publish the first version of the upcoming Madsonic 5.6 client to the Beta-Channel.

best regards
carltonh

Thanks, an "all" option would probably all that would be necessary beyond the "100" option.

Also, I still can't figure out why sometimes I can get the fast right-edge scrolling sometimes and other times I can't.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

at the moment the API is serverside limited to max 500 entries,
the new Client have additional 200 and 500 search results as option.

best regards
carltonh

I had to downgrade my Cyanogenmod from Android 4.4.2 to 4.3.1 for unrelated reasons, and I noticed that when hitting the "media library" folder icon at bottom, the "fast right-edge-scroll" option is always an option, as "media library" view shows all 1482 artists in my library. Compared to when I was on 4.4.2, the fast right-edge scroll would disappear, but if I moved to another section and back to media library, that edge scroll would stick around. So maybe it is a quirk related to the particular version of Android.

However, a separate bug, under "Settings" and then "Network Settings", the description is showing in another language...maybe German or Dutch, but all other functions of the app are in English.
These users thanked the author carltonh for the post:
etyrnal
Rating: 7.69%