Madsonic Server 6.x Synology-DSM 6.x NAS Plugin

ChatNoir

Re: Madsonic Server 6.x Synology-DSM 6.x NAS Plugin

Unread post by ChatNoir »

Hi, first of all, thanks for your work on Madsonic, it's great !

I installed it in mid july (version : 6.1-B8280-044), the install went well and I've been using it quite a bit since, at home or while driving. I even joined the Early adopter's program.

Tonight, I updated my DS414 to the last version of DSM : 6.0.2-8451 and it seems that Madsonic doesn't work anymore, I have the following error :

Code: Select all

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /. Reason:

Service Unavailable
Powered by Jetty:// 8.y.z-SNAPSHOT
I tried few basic stuff without succes :
- stop and restart Madsonic
- rebooting the NAS
- updating JAVA to the last version (and then rebooting the NAS just to be sure)

Nothing seems to work. I tough about updating to the last Madsonic version but I'm not sure how to do the update without ruining my existing Database and stuff. While I enjoy my NAS, I'm not really a linux or DSM poweruser so I'm rapidly stuck here. :roll:

Can you help me ? Is there additionnal information you would need ?
ChatNoir

Unread post by ChatNoir »

So, no one else has a problem with the last DSM version ?

Any idea how to fix my problem ?
madschwall
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by madschwall »

I successfully installed latest Madsonic version on newest DSM version AFTER creating folder Madsonic in public.
Installation went fine and afterwards it took some time before I was able to login.
Siutsch

Unread post by Siutsch »

Before installing, you have do uninstall Madsonic first.

Is there in the meantime a way to backup the settings if installing the new version and /or takeover the settings automatically by installige a new version?

I don't want to configure from srcatch every time, when I update to a new version.
muiz

Unread post by muiz »

Downloads down?
Aktarus

Unread post by Aktarus »

Hello Group,

I was used Madsonic since a long time... Madsonic Installed in my windows10 and music stored on my Syno DS212j...and everything was well.
But I changed my DS212j for a DS412+ NAS and Installed madsonic directly in the NAS... More RAM now in my DS412+, so Madsonic can run..

no problem with the install with 6.1... but problem with the music scan.
If i only browse, listen music or search ..etc... everything goes very well..
BUT when it scan my library, my NAS goes very slow to scan and volume1 peak at 99% use...
More than 24 hour needed to scan my 110 000 music file..

To compare, I installed subsonic too in my nas ans take about 30 minutes to scan the same file...

So the big question is why MadSonic take so long to scan and why it almost freeze my nas du to Volume1 use..

Latest Java 7 & 8 are installed in my NAS but boths (Sub and Mad) use the version 8

Any help will be welcome !!!! :) ..and sorry for my poor english :roll:
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Madevil can you check the download links for Synology? These dont work anymore. I cant download nothing atm for Synology. ive broken my my madsonic installation on my Synology and i want to reinstall it.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

New Synology packages can you find on the download page

http://beta.madsonic.org/pages/download62.jsp

Best regards
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Okay got new version of Madsonic working again. Only when i want to set the media-folder (\volume1\music) it doesnt import my music. Only when i make a never used shared directory, for example, this i used the shared directory "mp3s". Moved all mp3 from Music share to Mp3s share.

How can i prevent this in the future? Is this a right problem?
Siutsch

Unread post by Siutsch »

Madevil wrote:Hi there,

Best regards
I repeat my question from 25 Sep 2016:

Is there in the meantime a way to backup the settings if installing the new version and /or takeover the settings automatically by installige a new version?

I don't want to configure from srcatch every time, when I update to a new version.
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

@Madevil
After running a few day straight. My NAS needed to restart. After this Madsonic didnt work anymore. The service is running but its say in browser 503. Restarting NAS or service doesnt fix it.

Using Madsonic 0.54.

Edit: Renaming DB directory to DB.bak and restarting service fixes the 503 error. Something happens to the Database after an restart. Does other ppl have problems with the 503 error? Anyone know maybe what is happening and why renaming the DB fixes the 503 error?
madschwall

Unread post by madschwall »

@Oxize

Indeed, I had to delete the database folder to get access to Madsonic again after restart. Something is seriously wrong even with newest version 6.2-B8840.
recky

Unread post by recky »

Same here, also had the 503 error after a NAS reboot. Not good.
Siutsch

Unread post by Siutsch »

Siutsch wrote:
Madevil wrote:Hi there,

Best regards
I repeat my question from 25 Sep 2016:

And again ...

Can someone please explain this to me?
muiz

Unread post by muiz »

Does not install on DSM 6.1 beta
Aktarus

Unread post by Aktarus »

Hello

My Madsonic was already installed in my DS412+ and was running fine..

I update to DSM6.1 beta and Madsonic 6.2 latest version yesterday, and now I have some trouble ...

Madsonic is running but no more library scan update...and left frame error ...and nothing already scan wants to play !!!!!

My log file looks like this :

[01/12/16 07:36] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index.
[01/12/16 07:36] ERROR MediaScannerService ERROR PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [update artist set song_count=0, play_count=0]; java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[01/12/16 07:36] ERROR MediaScannerService Failed to scan media library.

The Left Frame error looks like this :
Error
Madsonic encountered an internal error. You can report this error in the Madsonic Forum. Please include the information below.

Exception org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException
Message PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [insert into media_file (id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]; integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; SYS_PK_10479 table: MEDIA_FILE; nested exception is java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; SYS_PK_10479 table: MEDIA_FILE
Java version Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_112
Operating system Linux 3.10.102
Server jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT
Memory Used 92 of 375 MB
Stack trace org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException: PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [insert into media_file (id, path, folder, type, override, format, data, title, album, album_name, artist, album_artist, disc_number, track_number, year, genre, mood, bpm, composer, bit_rate, variable_bit_rate, duration_seconds, file_size, width, height, cover_art_path, parent_path, play_count, last_played, comment, created, changed, last_scanned, first_scanned, children_last_updated, present, version, rank) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]; integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; SYS_PK_10479 table: MEDIA_FILE; nested exception is java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; SYS_PK_10479 table: MEDIA_FILE
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:245)
at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:72)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:605)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:818)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:874)
at org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.update(JdbcTemplate.java:882)
at org.madsonic.dao.AbstractDao.update(AbstractDao.java:80)
at org.madsonic.dao.MediaFileDao.createOrUpdateMediaFile(MediaFileDao.java:255)
at org.madsonic.service.MediaFileService.getMediaFile(MediaFileService.java:148)
at org.madsonic.service.MusicIndexService.createSortableArtistsforGenre(MusicIndexService.java:276)
at org.madsonic.service.MusicIndexService.getIndexedArtistsforGenre(MusicIndexService.java:146)
at org.madsonic.service.MusicIndexService.getMusicFolderContent(MusicIndexService.java:167)
at org.madsonic.controller.LeftPanelController.handleRequestInternal(LeftPanelController.java:248)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:933)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:867)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:951)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:842)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:735)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:827)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:684)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1507)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.rememberme.RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.java:146)
at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:154)
at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:199)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:50)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:106)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1495)
at org.madsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1495)
at org.madsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
at org.madsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:58)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1487)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)

I also have Subsonic installed in the same NAS and everything goes fine with it ....

Please, help me to solve my madsonic problem...

Merci .. and sorry for my poor english :)
stehohrhase

Unread post by stehohrhase »

I have installed on my Diskstation DS412+.

Works fine so far, only Album Creation of Artist NOT working.

I get this Error for every Artist:

[12/8/16 12:01 PM] WARN CoverArtController Failed to create thumbnail for Media file 4002

Albumcover works withot problems.
Aktarus

Unread post by Aktarus »

muiz wrote:Does not install on DSM 6.1 beta
Same problem for me :(

After a complete delete, I can't reinstall the latest 6.2 version on my 6.1 beta DSM ... :(
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Do you get any error messages or infos from log files?
Aktarus

Unread post by Aktarus »

I only have a file called "madsonic_package.log"
Inside, I can find an error like this :
08.12.16_15:35:18: Can't find a folder named 'Madsonic' in your public folder.
08.12.16_15:35:19: Please check your public folder and make sure there is a folder called Madsonic (with Capital M) in it. Or select 'No' if you don't want to restore anything and just install Madsonic normally

But this folder is present .. AND I chosse "No" during the install for the backup restore ...

Thank you so much for your help ;)
Attachments
public_Madsonic.png