Madsonic Server 5.x Synology-DSM 5.x NAS Plugin

Re: Madsonic Server 5.0 Synology-NAS Plugin

Unread postby z-vap » 14 Sep 2015, 15:00

baker2gs wrote:Where is the db folder? I can't seem to find it. Also, looks like there is no icon in the app menu?

For me the DB folder is here:

Code: Select all
/volume1/@appstore/Madsonic/db
z-vap

Unread postby keysuck » 15 Sep 2015, 02:05

baker2gs wrote:Where is the db folder? I can't seem to find it. Also, looks like there is no icon in the app menu?

Even though I only updated core files, I can't seem to generate the icon in the menu. You will need to access via URL until the dev releases an official version.
keysuck

Unread postby keysuck » 15 Sep 2015, 02:12

z-vap wrote:
Thanks dude. I really need to start learning how to create my own SPK files. Any advice or links to some good info?

EDIT: I also would like to figure out a way to integrate the ffmpeg into this. I see there is trhe Serviio native x86 etc. But I don't know how to obtain new files for madsonic

EDIT2: I tried making my own package for 5.1.5260 and it would not install for me. Not sure why. :( The 6.0 package referenced above did work.

SPK is basically a .tar file which can be renamed and extracted. There is a package.tgz for core files. You will need package description, icon files, version info and, most importantly, script files for installation/uninstalltion/update - which are beyond my knowledge. That explains why my SPK file has minor glitches.
keysuck

Unread postby z-vap » 15 Sep 2015, 19:15

keysuck wrote:SPK is basically a .tar file which can be renamed and extracted. There is a package.tgz for core files. You will need package description, icon files, version info and, most importantly, script files for installation/uninstalltion/update - which are beyond my knowledge. That explains why my SPK file has minor glitches.

Yeah I kind of got all that, but for some reason, when I replaced the WAR JAR and SH files with one for 5.1.5260 then re-TAR'ed and gz the package.tgz file then re-compressed the SPK file, it would not install. It would start then it ended with "Failed to start service".

I ended up installing the one from the beginning of this thread and replacing the WAR and JAR files. But for me that does not sit well; I should be able to build this from scratch with new files. I don't know why yours worked and the first one does, but mine didn't. Frustrating
z-vap

Unread postby keysuck » 16 Sep 2015, 01:05

z-vap wrote:Yeah I kind of got all that, but for some reason, when I replaced the WAR JAR and SH files with one for 5.1.5260 then re-TAR'ed and gz the package.tgz file then re-compressed the SPK file, it would not install. It would start then it ended with "Failed to start service".

I ended up installing the one from the beginning of this thread and replacing the WAR and JAR files. But for me that does not sit well; I should be able to build this from scratch with new files. I don't know why yours worked and the first one does, but mine didn't. Frustrating

It's a path issue. Open madsonic.sh with a text editor and change paths as follows:

MADSONIC_HOME=/usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/Madsonic
MADSONIC_PIDFILE=/usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/Madsonic/PID.log
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_MUSIC_FOLDER=/volume1/media/artists
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_UPLOAD_FOLDER=/volume1/media/incoming
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PODCAST_FOLDER=/volume1/media/podcast
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_IMPORT_FOLDER=/volume1/media/playlists/import
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_EXPORT_FOLDER=/volume1/media/playlists/export
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_BACKUP_FOLDER=/volume1/media/playlists/backup

Make changes to madsonic.sh both in package.tgz and in root directory.

FYI, madsonic.sh in Madsonic 6.0 is different from that of Madsonic 5.0. You must use the one from the correct version and make above modifications.
keysuck

Re: Madsonic Server 5.x Synology-NAS Plugin

Unread postby z-vap » 17 Sep 2015, 22:28

oh so you're saying those variables need changed also? I wonder why if I replaced both .sh and the war/jar files? Is there something in the start-stop-script or the installer.sh that harkens back to the /usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/ and/or /var/ directories?
z-vap

Unread postby keysuck » 18 Sep 2015, 01:34

z-vap wrote:oh so you're saying those variables need changed also? I wonder why if I replaced both .sh and the war/jar files? Is there something in the start-stop-script or the installer.sh that harkens back to the /usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/ and/or /var/ directories?

As long as you use the same files in the original SPK from the dev in this thread, replace war and jar files with the latest version, and modify madsonic.sh with above paths you are all set. I did not find any path issues in scripts.
Last edited by keysuck on 19 Sep 2015, 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
keysuck

Unread postby keysuck » 18 Sep 2015, 09:51

Just uploaded 6.0.7460.4537066 on my Google Drive. Go to my original post on Page 4. (Can't add direct URL to my post due to the "spamy(ness) as a new user")

keysuck wrote:
z-vap wrote:Yeah I kind of got all that, but for some reason, when I replaced the WAR JAR and SH files with one for 5.1.5260 then re-TAR'ed and gz the package.tgz file then re-compressed the SPK file, it would not install. It would start then it ended with "Failed to start service".

It's a path issue. Open madsonic.sh with a text editor and change paths as follows:

MADSONIC_HOME=/usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/Madsonic
MADSONIC_PIDFILE=/usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/Madsonic/PID.log
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_MUSIC_FOLDER=/volume1/media/artists
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_UPLOAD_FOLDER=/volume1/media/incoming
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PODCAST_FOLDER=/volume1/media/podcast
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_IMPORT_FOLDER=/volume1/media/playlists/import
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_EXPORT_FOLDER=/volume1/media/playlists/export
MADSONIC_DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_BACKUP_FOLDER=/volume1/media/playlists/backup

Make changes to madsonic.sh both in package.tgz and in root directory.

FYI, madsonic.sh in Madsonic 6.0 is different from that of Madsonic 5.0. You must use the one from the correct version and make above modifications.

I added a new path below to work properly:

MADSONIC_DB=/usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/Madsonic/db
keysuck

Unread postby keysuck » 01 Oct 2015, 09:51

Download Version 6.0.7520.2648319 SPK here:

https://goo.gl/9tDjU8

MD5: 212e7bccdbe6881d198f71026497d91d
keysuck

Unread postby SerpensAlatus » 04 Oct 2015, 15:57

Hi and thank you!

I tried to install the package but i get an error. I choosed "no" and wanted a fresh installation, but the DSM says "Cant find a folder "Madsonic"..."

Tried it again. Same error.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Serpens
SerpensAlatus

Unread postby keysuck » 05 Oct 2015, 02:04

SerpensAlatus wrote:Hi and thank you!

I tried to install the package but i get an error. I choosed "no" and wanted a fresh installation, but the DSM says "Cant find a folder "Madsonic"..."

Tried it again. Same error.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Serpens

I uninstalled the previous version and reinstalled it without an issue. And I am sure all folders were deleted during uninstallation and recreated after.
keysuck

Previous

Return to Synology