Madsonic Server 5.x Synology-DSM 5.x NAS Plugin

Siutsch

Re: Madsonic Server 5.x Synology-NAS Plugin

Unread post by Siutsch »

@steffen

I tried that too, but can only play music.

In Browser (FF) I always get:
Error loading media:
File could not ne played!

I really don't know why. :(

I use Madsonic 5.2 in a Synology 1813+

Do you have an idea, what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: With DSub on my Samsung S4 I can play videos too.
Only with Browser it's not working.
Thankz,
Siutsch.
jaszladie

Unread post by jaszladie »

I've tried both versions of Madsonic (5.0 and 5.1) that are in the first post of this thread.

Both of them gave me the user authentication error. The user has been deleted, but the error still fills the log file.

How do I stop this error?

Update: Somehow this is resolved. I have stopped the service though due to other issues. I hope to come back. Madsonic is my favorite.
Last edited by jaszladie on 25 Feb 2015, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
z-vap

Unread post by z-vap »

(nvm I will move this to another spot in the forums)
FoxBJK

Unread post by FoxBJK »

mwills wrote:i have a synology ds1812+ (intel) with Jave SE Embedded 6, Perl, and Serviio packages installed.

i try to do a manual install with the Madsonic5.1-B5080-017.spk or Madsonic5.1-B5060-016.spk and i continue to get the same error:
Operation Failed

Cannot find a folder named 'Madsonic' in your public folder. Please check your public folder and make sure there is a folder called Madsonic (with capital M) in it. Or select 'No' if you don't want to restore anything and just install Madsonic normally.
i get this error even when selecting 'No' during install to 'restore a backup'. what am i missing?
I'm getting this same error on my DS414j, and the logs aren't showing anything other than "Failed to install package [Madsonic]." Please help! I tried creating a share called Madsonic, a share called public, tried putting Madsonic inside my main share, all nothing! I'm stuck, and without descriptive errors I have no clue where to turn.

Thanks!
z-vap

Unread post by z-vap »

just a shot in the dark, but do you have /volume1/public/Madsonic
muiz

Unread post by muiz »

How do i manualy update to 6.0 ?
z-vap

Re: Madsonic Server 5.0 Synology-NAS Plugin

Unread post by z-vap »

keysuck wrote:If anyone is interested, I compiled SPK for version 6.0.7200.

https://goo.gl/fYYqsn
2d8529161ceff96588e6b92ef851dfdf

I merely extracted SPK from the original post, updated VERSION, madsonic.sh, madsonic.war and madsonic-booter.jar and repackaged it.
Thanks dude. I really need to start learning how to create my own SPK files. Any advice or links to some good info?

EDIT: I also would like to figure out a way to integrate the ffmpeg into this. I see there is trhe Serviio native x86 etc. But I don't know how to obtain new files for madsonic

EDIT2: I tried making my own package for 5.1.5260 and it would not install for me. Not sure why. :( The 6.0 package referenced above did work.
z-vap

Unread post by z-vap »

baker2gs wrote:Where is the db folder? I can't seem to find it. Also, looks like there is no icon in the app menu?
For me the DB folder is here:

Code: Select all

/volume1/@appstore/Madsonic/db
z-vap

Unread post by z-vap »

keysuck wrote:SPK is basically a .tar file which can be renamed and extracted. There is a package.tgz for core files. You will need package description, icon files, version info and, most importantly, script files for installation/uninstalltion/update - which are beyond my knowledge. That explains why my SPK file has minor glitches.
Yeah I kind of got all that, but for some reason, when I replaced the WAR JAR and SH files with one for 5.1.5260 then re-TAR'ed and gz the package.tgz file then re-compressed the SPK file, it would not install. It would start then it ended with "Failed to start service".

I ended up installing the one from the beginning of this thread and replacing the WAR and JAR files. But for me that does not sit well; I should be able to build this from scratch with new files. I don't know why yours worked and the first one does, but mine didn't. Frustrating
z-vap

Unread post by z-vap »

oh so you're saying those variables need changed also? I wonder why if I replaced both .sh and the war/jar files? Is there something in the start-stop-script or the installer.sh that harkens back to the /usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/ and/or /var/ directories?
SerpensAlatus
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by SerpensAlatus »

Hi and thank you!

I tried to install the package but i get an error. I choosed "no" and wanted a fresh installation, but the DSM says "Cant find a folder "Madsonic"..."

Tried it again. Same error.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Serpens