Madsonic 5.x Musicbee Plugin
Contribution: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Subsonic_Client developed by Steven
Current release v1.0.0:
- update to Build 3800 REST API version
Madsonic Plugin (MB_MadSonic.dll)
- if you dont have a Plugins sub-folder where Musicbee is installed create one
- copy MB_MadSonic.dll to the Plugins sub-folder
- you should end up with something like: c:\program files\MusicBee\Plugins\MB_MadSonic.dll
- restart MB, and in the Plugin preferences enable Madsonic
- host is your server name without the http:// at the start
- port is the server port
- path is normally the default "\"
- transcode stream - only tick if you need to reduce the size of the file streamed from the server because the connection is slow
- on clicking Apply, MB will validate the settings - any errors are those as returned by Madsonic
If no error is reported on setup, a Madsonic drive will appear in the computer section. Clicking the parent node will show the entire library, but you can also view playlists and folders. It will take some time to initially load the main Madsonic node the very first time (several minutes to 30 minutes for very large libraries on slow connections). It should be quick from then on
You can reference the Madsonic drive from Auto-Playlists, the Auto-DJ or create manual playlists (but in all cases these reside in your MusicBee library, not on the Madsonic server). If you add files to your local MusicBee library, MB will keep track of playcounts and enable ratings to be stored (but only in the local MusicBee library cache, not on the server).
In the main panel, MusicBee will only show the tags that Madsonic makes available which are the basic ones you need (Artist, Title, Album, Track#, Year, Genre and Duration).