T-Mobile Free Music Streaming - Compatible with Madsonic?

Frequently asked questions. Tutorials, tips and tricks.
norcalscott

T-Mobile Free Music Streaming - Compatible with Madsonic?

Unread post by norcalscott »

In looking through my data usage for the past month on T-Mobile, I am seeing very little usage from DSub, my client of choice to access my library on Madsonic / Linux Mint Maya. During this time I took a trip and used the app quite a lot from the road accessing LTE data.

Has any other T-Mobile USA customers noticed this, or am I seeing some kind of data measurement anomaly?

If T-Mobile is in fact treating streaming from Madsonic/Subsonic the same as Pandora and Rhapsody (no charge for bandwidth), this is a great thing.
These users thanked the author norcalscott for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
cal3thousand
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: T-Mobile Free Music Streaming - Compatible with Madsonic

Unread post by cal3thousand »

Hi,

I found this post after searching Google for information regarding MadSonic and T-mobile streaming data counts. I hope the t-mobile identifies it by port or something that will allow streaming like this to be exclusive of the data bucket. I would love to be able to drop Spotify without upgrading my data plan as well. I registered on this site just to ask this question :)

Have you been able to confirm this behavior?
j3tblk

Re: T-Mobile Free Music Streaming - Compatible with Madsonic

Unread post by j3tblk »

How do suggest T Mobile identifies the audio traffic as Madsonic traffic? By the Madsonic domain name? Pretty worthless if you don't use the madsonic address.