this info should help you to get Artist TopTrack to work with Madsonic 5.1 final
if you start from scratch you should check your media folder setup:
- go to > Settings > Media folders
- add your folder with artists to your collection
- select the folder group Music for this folder otherwise you artists are not indexed.
- save your Settings
- scan your media folders
- wait until finished (search index will generated at last)
- go to > Settings > Last.FM
- enable Last.FM TopTrack search
- select the request result size for Last.FM and your local database.
10 for best performance/weaker results or 50 for best match results/weaker performance.
- the Last.FM cache is implemented in three phases, xml files, database and memory.
The caching happen only on the first time, so it may take some seconds longer depending on the search result size.
- in this example you see the result: from LastFM 50 tracks found/local 22 tracks found
- in the PlayQueue frame you can see the orderd result of the artist ABBA.
- nice gimmick: use tag editor to add/edit your own ranking.