Folder names ignoring parentheses

Frequently asked questions. Tutorials, tips and tricks.
Fluffhead27
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Folder names ignoring parentheses

Unread post by Fluffhead27 »

Hello - I installed Madsonic 4.8.3320 beta 3 for Windows 7 and ended up rolling back to Subsonic 4.7 due to how my albums were being displayed. I'm curious if there is a fix for this, because Madsonic has some great features and I'd like to start using that if possible.

My music is organized like this: Genre > Artist > (year) Album Name.

Subsonic nicely displays them, and organizes them like this (note that the year is in my folder name, not part of an ID3 tag).

Subsonic looks like this (year shows up, and everything is organized accordingly)
(1997) Overcast
(1999) Headshots - Se7en
(2001) Lucy Ford
(2002) Godlovesugly

Madsonic seems to ignore everything in parentheses, so all my years are lost and everything gets jumbled up. I tried every setting under Settings > General, but the closest I got was the "sort by year" options. That doesn't work for me though, because I don't maintain the years in my ID3 tags at all (which is what that seems to use). Is there a way to retain my full folder name the way Subsonic does, and not ignore what is in parentheses?

Madsonic looks like this (years are cut off)
Overcast
Headshots - Se7en
Lucy Ford
Godlovesugly
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Folder names ignoring parentheses

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

My Test-Library is as follow:

Code: Select all

\%ARTIST%\[%YEAR%] %ALBUM%\%NR% %ARTIST% - %TITLE%.%SUFFIX%
So Madsonic is based to use folder structures.

The Year will be parsed and truncated from the foldername and inserted into Database,
but you can change this in the General-Settings.
year.png
year2.png
year2.png (26.64 KiB) Viewed 7341 times
Hope this help you!

best regards
Fluffhead27
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Folder names ignoring parentheses

Unread post by Fluffhead27 »

I tried all that, it doesn't work properly for me (maybe because I'm using parentheses?). I played around with all the General > Settings for well over an hour with no luck, Some had the proper dates, some missed dates completely, most were out of order, etc.

If I have some spare time, I'll install Madsonic again and get some screenshots of Subonic vs Windows folder structure vs Madsonic.

Thanks for the quick response and screen shots!