Browse Genre

Frequently asked questions. Tutorials, tips and tricks.
TNRocker
Has thanked: 0

Browse Genre

Unread post by TNRocker »

I am currently running stand alone Subsonic 4.6 on OSX Server 10.6. Everything has been working fine for the last 18 months. I have about 500 GB, 6500 albums, and 100 genres. I only have about 15 users and never more than two or three streaming at a time. Clients consists of web browsers, Android and IOS. I have held off upgrading Subsonic because everything works and I just didn't want to mess with it.

I was going to try Music Cabinet but it looks like development has quieted down or maybe stopped. I liked the fact that you could browse by genre. The Radio feature sounded petty nice and I already scrobble to Last FM.

Does Madsonic allow browsing by Genre? My current file structure is Artist/Album/Song and MP3 tags are correct. It looks like this may have been implemented in latest rev but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance. Madsonic looks really nice and I may give it a try regardless.
TNRocker

Re: Browse Genre

I guess I will answer my own question.....it looks like the new Madsonic Server 5.0 Beta4 Build 3560 allows browsing by Genre. This is a key feature for me, I am glad to see it is being implemented. I am surprised no one was able to answer this simple question.
These users thanked the author TNRocker for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Your post was the reason. 8-)
Best regards
TNRocker

Thanks and I didn't mean to be so impatient. :| I searched the forums but I wasn't sure if Genre browsing had been implemented. I checked back every week or so because i was anxious to try a Subsonic mod.

I went ahead and installed Music Cabinet but I will certainly give Madsonic another look. Does Madsonic also create Artist Radio? Thanks again!