Any definitive answer re: subscription-only features?

Need help? Post your questions here.
garyo

Any definitive answer re: subscription-only features?

Unread post by garyo »

I'm just switching from Subsonic to Madsonic; running latest 6.0 beta and I love the UI and features. I use it for music only (medium-size library, 5000 songs) both around the house and on the road (I'm using DSub latest version which works fine with Madsonic 6 beta). Is there a definitive answer about what Madsonic features will require a subscription vs. what won't? Like others, the main reason I go to the effort of running my own server is control over music I own -- I don't want to "rent" my music. A subscription model worries me. If I wanted the subscription model I'd go with a big cloud service like itunes/google/spotify/whatever. I'm happy to pay a one-time fee of course, just as I have paid for all my music. (I'm a software engineer so I get the value of software). I just want to _own_ the server and software, not _rent_ it.

If there's a one-time fee for licensing the server and connecting it to 3rd party apps, and the subscription is just for stuff like vanity URLs, connections to other services like last.fm (which I personally don't care about but others might find value in) that would be fine with me. I just want to know what I'm getting into. Can anyone definitively say what features are enabled only via subscription in 6.0?
These users thanked the author garyo for the post:
ryanjk333
Rating: 7.69%
garyo

Re: Any definitive answer re: subscription-only features?

Unread post by garyo »

OK, crickets...

Is there any way to turn off the "premium free trial" so I can see what's going to happen to my mobile client in a few days?
jake-

Re: Any definitive answer re: subscription-only features?

Unread post by jake- »

garyo wrote:OK, crickets...

Is there any way to turn off the "premium free trial" so I can see what's going to happen to my mobile client in a few days?
remove the TrialExpires line in the masonic.properties file...

remember to keep a backup :-)