View by tags? (+ Album Artist?)

Need help? Post your questions here.
ihdfs789h
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

View by tags? (+ Album Artist?)

Unread post by ihdfs789h »

Hi, thanks for all the work on Madsonic, I just found it a few days ago and I am very happy!
I think I read that starting with 6.x we can browse by tags? Is this 'enabled' by default?
So the folder layout of my 'media' folder is ignored, and all the tags are processed, and I see this in my music collection in the web player page?
Or, do I have to enable this tag viewing function somewhere - or am I misunderstanding something?

Also, I personally don't want to sort by the 'Artist' tag, I want to sort by the 'Album Artist' tag.
Is it possible (or likely to me implemented) to switch from Madsonic looking at the artist tag, to the album artist tag?

Thank you for all the help!

extra - when I saw 'Album Artist', I am talking about the TPE2 tag in mp3 files.
madsub

Re: View by tags? (+ Album Artist?)

Unread post by madsub »

I use a folderstructure with albumartist\allbum too, so I never verified it but as far as I know Madsonic uses albumartist if you disable folder sorting.
ihdfs789h
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: View by tags? (+ Album Artist?)

Unread post by ihdfs789h »

Hi thanks for the reply.
I do have my albums in artists/album folders.
Just, the 'Various Artists' - I want them to all appear under Various Artists in the browser, I do not want all of the individual artist tags in each compilation album to show up in my library!

Also, can we have different media folders for different users? So if user 2 would logs in, they would see some music that user 1 does not.

Thanks for the help