Sonos status?

Need help? Post your questions here.
andyfitter
Has thanked: 0

Sonos status?

Unread post by andyfitter »

Hi,

I'm new to Madsonic - I stumbled across it looking for a version of Subsonic that I could install on my Synology.

I'm finding it a bit difficult to get a grip on the actual status of the project...

- I have a Sonos system. I attempted to integrate it with Madsonic but failed. The songs controller asked for my Madsonic username and password, and I assume this isn't a username and password that I have created in my local instance? If it is, it doesn't seem to work, but I also couldn't find anywhere on the website to create a Madsonic login?

- If I follow the link from inside the Sonos controller App to create a new login, it wants to take me to http://www.sonos.com/MadsonicSONOS/subscribe This fails as the page is not found?

- I paid for lifetime subsonic premium a long while ago. Will I need to pay again for Madsonic premium at some point when it actually launches?

- What is the connection between Subsonic and Madsonic - Is it just a fork, or are there shared developers/development?

All I really need is a working version of Subsonic that works on my Synology, and works with Sonos :-(

Thanks in advance.

Andy.
Last edited by andyfitter on 25 Oct 2015, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
andyfitter

Re: Project status

I'm still not a lot closer to what I'm looking for...

Some easier questions...

Should Sonos integration work with version 6?

If not, does it work with V5?

What username/password should I be using to set up sonos - is it a local one created on my instance of madsonic or something else?

At the moment, everything I try results in the Sonos controller either hanging and timing out or pointing me to a non existent web page.

Thanks in advance!

Andy.
andyfitter

Re: Sonos status?

Can nobody tell me whether Sonos support should work in version 6 or not?
tycoonbob

Unread post by tycoonbob »

Sonos broke for me with 6.0.7520, and is still broken in 6.0.7600. It worked in the couple of builds before that (6.0.7460 and 6.0.7450), so I gave up on Sonos with MadSonic for now.

I paid the $12 for a year of SubSonic, and run a separate instance just for my Sonos needs, in the hope MadSonic 6.0 will become stable in the next few months. MadEvil is a great guy and all, but I'm scared about the support of MadSonic considering he wants to take it paid.

My advise to you, run MadSonic 6.0.7460, or stick to SubSonic for now.
andyfitter

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.

Andy
Beatzekatze
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Beatzekatze »

Hello to all,

i have installed the madsonic server 6.0.7960 on my pc.

Than i have to enable Sonos in the webbrowser.

I go to my Sonos Controller, an want to activate the madsonic. I get my username and my password. But the controller give me the information that is wrong and its not finding. But the username and password is right.
What should i do?

tycoonbob wrote that we would take 6.0.7460

Did this version run with Sonos? And were can i download this version?
lionelb

Unread post by lionelb »

+1
Any news for Sonos ?
unclebobuk

Unread post by unclebobuk »

I just installed this after also trying subsonic and overall this seems to work much better from an indexing perspective HOWEVER it won't integrate with my sonos!

I can see the madsonic server but any attempt to auth to it from sonos just fails. (works fine in subsonic).

I've created a 'sonos' account and even tried the admin account to no avail.

I guess I am not the only one with issues by the looks of it.

Don't the developers read any of this stuff.

A statement about sonos support would be good.

thanks.
unclebobuk

Unread post by unclebobuk »

Beatzekatze wrote:Hello to all,

i have installed the madsonic server 6.0.7960 on my pc.

Than i have to enable Sonos in the webbrowser.

I go to my Sonos Controller, an want to activate the madsonic. I get my username and my password. But the controller give me the information that is wrong and its not finding. But the username and password is right.
What should i do?

tycoonbob wrote that we would take 6.0.7460

Did this version run with Sonos? And were can i download this version?
Yes, Could someone post a download link for 6.0.7460>? I've had a good look around and I can't find it.

thanks.