Need help? Post your questions here.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Madsonic Premium

Unread post by Madsonic »

zer0squared wrote:
Madevil wrote:@jsgates @zer0squared your concern shows me that there is need for explanation for the use of the REST API

only the Subsonic REST emulation is a Premium feature, the Madsonic REST 2.0 API is free!

Read more here: http://beta.madsonic.org/pages/api.jsp
You're right. I don't even know what REST or API means, even after browsing that page of code. I'm not trying to re/write a program - I just want to use Madsonic (instead of Subsonic) to stream my media when I'm away from home. Is there something in the settings that we need to un/check to get it working again?

Thanks for the reply!
It looks like the client had detected the server incorrectly. :cry:

Try to add a new server entry on your Madsonic Client to generate a new server profile,
ff that also does not help clean and reinstall the Madsonic client on your phone.

best regards
zer0squared
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by zer0squared »

Maybe I need to start over. :)

I don't have the Madsonic phone app. I'm strictly using it in-browser. Even when we travel, we streamed it on our laptops. I have v6 server running on my Home PC. When I open up the browser to the server, everything looks great - until I go to play a video...then we got the 'expired license' message...even locally.

Again, all we want to do is stream our media from home to our laptops when we travel. Nothing fancy. I guess I could just use Subsonic again but I'd rather use Madsonic, I just don't need 99% of those features in your premium model. I would like to use my free subsonic.org address with it but I can't see paying to justify that alone.

So should the 'free' version do that for us or am I mistaken?

Thanks again for the quick replies.
jsgates
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by jsgates »

Madevil -

Thanks for the REST API explanation......odd thing is I am using Madsonic Android client on my OnePlus 3T device but still get the expired message. I will try your suggestion and remove and re-add the server in the Android client and report back. Thank you for the quick response.

- Jeremy
These users thanked the author jsgates for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
jcscomsol

Unread post by jcscomsol »

My original query was
Entered email address and license key at Madsonic Premium
which says
You have a valid Madsonic Premium license!
The license is registered to ...

The server log says
WARN SettingsService License key is not valid.

and connection from anfroid says server unlicensed
which was an Early Adopter Program license

Do I need a new one?
regards
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

jcscomsol wrote:My original query was
which says

The server log says

Do I need a new one?
regards
It looks as if we need a new "Early Adopter" license. However, I went to the Early Adopter page linked by Madevil and signed up for Early Adopter (thought I had done this in the past already). I got the confirmation email this afternoon and and they I received an additional email with my Early Adopter license key. The thing is, the key I was sent is the same license key I was currently using. Now it says it expired on Dec. 30, 2016. Maybe I do not understand how early adopter program works, but I was under the impression that these keys would continue to work for those of us running the latest beta builds, rather than 6.x stable.
neodawg

Unread post by neodawg »

jsgates wrote:
jcscomsol wrote:My original query was
which says

The server log says

Do I need a new one?
regards
It looks as if we need a new "Early Adopter" license. However, I went to the Early Adopter page linked by Madevil and signed up for Early Adopter (thought I had done this in the past already). I got the confirmation email this afternoon and and they I received an additional email with my Early Adopter license key. The thing is, the key I was sent is the same license key I was currently using. Now it says it expired on Dec. 30, 2016. Maybe I do not understand how early adopter program works, but I was under the impression that these keys would continue to work for those of us running the latest beta builds, rather than 6.x stable.

I am in the same boat as you. It seems the key is generated based on the email address, we could probably get a new key by using a different email address, but I think its best if Madevil re keys us or just reactivates our licenses.

EDIT: Got a PM from Madevil, seems you need to restart your server for it to properly check the license again.
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

I received a PM also. However, I tried installing the license and restarting the Madsonic service from the terminal. However, my license stills shows expired. Do I have reboot the entire server?
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

i've resend your license information to your registered email!

Go to Settings > Premium to reactivate your license.

best regards
jsgates

Unread post by jsgates »

Madevil wrote:i've resend your license information to your registered email!

Go to Settings > Premium to reactivate your license.

best regards

That one worked. Thank you! I must have two registered email addresses somehow.
These users thanked the author jsgates for the post:
Madsonic
jcscomsol

Unread post by jcscomsol »

have tried stopping and restarting server then rentering licence issued 26 Oct 1016 with sameresult as before
which says

The server log says

Have visited early adopter and requested a new license in case that is necessary

Regards
These users thanked the author jcscomsol for the post (total 2):
MadsonicrZn
Rating: 15.38%
Maduser

Unread post by Maduser »

please help Madevil

I have been using the early adopter. I have a licence but seems to not work anymore. I cant access madsonic outside of my home network. I even purchased the app for my phone and it still only works on my home network. I tryed stopping and re starting the service and still not working. I also sent you an email so maybe you can reply to it and help me get this working. Thanks in adavance for the help..
These users thanked the author Maduser for the post:
Madsonic
syspike

Unread post by syspike »

Hello there
experiencing the same issue with license as everyone else appears to be. Premium registered license owner but it no longer works, Madevil can you please help. this is the only way i listen to music.

thx

syspike
pacmanb

Unread post by pacmanb »

I have been using a Madsonic early adopter license, however over the New Years weekend it stopped working.
Under Settings for the Premium Features it shows "The trial period expired on November 12, 2016. Get Madsonic Premium to use this feature."

If I enter my license key under Madsonic Premium it states: "You have a valid Madsonic Premium license!", however serverlog shows "WARN SettingsService License key is not valid." and license is not applied.

I attempted to get a new key via the "Lost the license key? Send it again." link on the page, however this gives the message: "Sorry, no license key is associated"

If I attempt to re-register for the early adopter program it states that an email is sent, however no email is received.

I Restarted the server, and tried all of the above steps again, however received the same results.
These users thanked the author pacmanb for the post:
morten
gr8pa2

Unread post by gr8pa2 »

Got the same issue.

When I go check to that link http://beta.madsonic.org/backend/requestLicense.view I get the following mesage:

Sorry, no license key is associated to XXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com.
These users thanked the author gr8pa2 for the post:
morten
sekisushai

Unread post by sekisushai »

Same here..
These users thanked the author sekisushai for the post:
morten
toaday

Unread post by toaday »

I'm having the same problem. Please help!
These users thanked the author toaday for the post:
morten
morten

Unread post by morten »

Have exactly the same issue: Have a lifetime license that have always worked, but know I keep getting the "Get Premium" messages. When entered I get "You have a valid Madsonic Premium license!
Valid license registered to <my-email-addr>" but the rest of the web UI still show the "Get Premium" messages
saintadam

Unread post by saintadam »

morten wrote:Have exactly the same issue: Have a lifetime license that have always worked, but know I keep getting the "Get Premium" messages. When entered I get "You have a valid Madsonic Premium license!
Valid license registered to <my-email-addr>" but the rest of the web UI still show the "Get Premium" messages
I too have exactly the same problem with exactly the same messages and cannot connect from my ultrasonic Android apps. Any ideas on how to fix this would be fantastic!
Kiyoshi822

Unread post by Kiyoshi822 »

I have the same problem, I have a subsonic lifetime licence, but I can't use it on latest madsonic.
How do I remedy this?

Thanks
awithrow27

Unread post by awithrow27 »

My premium key is no longer taking. I cannot message Maddevil as y account is too new.