ERROR: SearchService [SOLVED]

Need help? Post your questions here.
aramisathei

ERROR: SearchService [SOLVED]

Unread post by aramisathei »

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the alpha build for Madsonic (6.1) and started receiving an error where Madsonic cannot create search indexes for albums.
This has broken the android app functionality for me as I can't search via the app.
Any idea what might cause this?
Temporarily changed permissions on the madsonic folders to global read/write just to ensure there were no issues on that end.

Aramis

EDIT: See post below for resolution.
Original error was "ERROR SearchService - Failed to execute Lucene search"
Last edited by aramisathei on 16 Apr 2016, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.
aramisathei

Re: ERROR: SearchService [SOLVED]

Resolved this.

For anyone else who might run into this issue, I had madsonic (/var/madsonic) symlinked to another drive and for whatever reason there was no lucere30 folder (found this in /var/madsonic/madsonic.log).
Created the folder and did a full clean-up/rescan and the search issue resolved.
Not sure why the folder wasn't created automatically because there were no permissions issues, but it could be all that was needed was the full rescan.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone running into the same issue.
These users thanked the author aramisathei for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
troycarpenter

Unread post by troycarpenter »

Just a note that this exact solution didn't fix it for me, but it did help me get to a solution.

I deleted all the lucene* directories in /var/madsonic. Then when I restarted the server, I saw the error message:

Code: Select all

org.apache.lucene.store.NoSuchDirectoryException: directory '/var/madsonic/lucene3/album' does not exist
Once I re-created that directory and did a rescan, search worked again. I'm guessing the original lucene3 directory got corrupt somehow since it was there before.
aramisathei

troycarpenter wrote:Just a note that this exact solution didn't fix it for me, but it did help me get to a solution.

I deleted all the lucene* directories in /var/madsonic. Then when I restarted the server, I saw the error message:

Code: Select all

org.apache.lucene.store.NoSuchDirectoryException: directory '/var/madsonic/lucene3/album' does not exist
Once I re-created that directory and did a rescan, search worked again. I'm guessing the original lucene3 directory got corrupt somehow since it was there before.
Good catch!
I forgot I had to recreate a couple folders in Lucene as well.
Was so excited to have Madsonic working again it skipped my mind. :lol: