Flac Streaming

Need help? Post your questions here.
nagetech
Has thanked: 0

Flac Streaming

Unread post by nagetech »

Hey everyone!

I am running into this issue that I am hoping you guys can help me figure out.

I have a music collection that is a mix of FLAC and MP3 files. The mp3 files always seem to stream fine, but the flac ones always seem to stall out.

They will start playing, but always cut off early on in the track, about maybe 15 seconds in. The music just stops. I checked on the server end, and it is definitely not a resource problem.

Is this a bug or is there something I need to change in settings?

Madsonic Version: 6.1.8150
Server 2008

I am streaming via the webpage to either my laptop or my macbook using safari or firefox, but the issue persists on either platform and only with flac streaming.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Thank you
These users thanked the author nagetech for the post (total 2):
bocofrank2228
Rating: 15.38%
sekisushai

Re: Flac Streaming

Unread post by sekisushai »

I'm experiencing the same bug on rev 6.1.8220
aramisathei

Unread post by aramisathei »

While it wasn't a complete fix, I found that I had similiar issues due to installing over previous versions of madsonic.
Puring it (rm -rf /var/madsonic) and reinstalling from 8220 resolved a majority of my issues.
FLACs sometimes don't auto-advance at the end of the track, but my transcoding issues were mostly resolved.
nagetech

Thanks for that reply.

I am running madsonic in Windows. Even with the latest version, FLAC streaming is still broken. It is ok though as I understand this is still a work in progress.
These users thanked the author nagetech for the post:
boco
Rating: 7.69%
apastuszak

Unread post by apastuszak »

I just had this problem. I went into the transcode settings and removed the FLAC extension from audio->mp3 and saved. I then tried to play the same FLAC and it wouldn't even start. I then went into transcoding and added FLAC back in, and all of the sudden, everything started to work. This is on a fresh install I just did about 15 minutes ago.
nagetech

I see a new release is out, and it mentions fixing something with FLAC Streaming.

I wont be able to test for about a week, but does this mean that the FLAC streaming should work now? Or was it addressing a totally different bug?

Thanks!
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Yes, the ContentLengh optimization should fix that also hang with longer FLAC files.

best regards
sekisushai

Unread post by sekisushai »

Unfortunately, I still have this bug with the latest rev 8280 :(
aramisathei

Unread post by aramisathei »

Same here. Did a clean installation as well on Debian Jessie stable.
garyo

Unread post by garyo »

This is still happening to me. (Same content-length error in browser.) Haven't done a clean install yet. Madevil, any ideas?
Thunderhead420

Unread post by Thunderhead420 »

Hi there, original subsonic lifetime user and Madsonic user since version 3 I believe...
I'm currently on the latest beta build 6.1 8280 upgraded from 6.0 7960
The OS its running off of is Windows 7 Enterprise x64 *NATiVE* (There is no OSX or bootloader or anything just straight windows)

A Little background on the library itself and its backing hardware.
Library is more than 2,743GB's on a 4TB RAID 0 Internal storage.
Running off a Mac Pro 1,1 with 8 CPU cores/2 Sockets , 24GB's of RAM
Resources on this box are not a problem.

Lately i've been having a problem with FLAC playback in particular when Madsonic is trying to transcode to MP3, I know for a fact that if I convert the tracks to OGG they play fine but id like to keep the 4,800 something albums I have in the library vs converting each of them just to fix this. I have never once had this problem with Subsonic and am unsure as to what in Madsonic is causing this. I have posted a screenshot of something I came across when trying to play one of my FLAC files, however strangely enough this doesnt always show up.

I have highlighted in the attached screenshot on the play queue at the bottom right what problem I noticed.

I have also had a serious problem when flushing the system to reinstall i'm having to remove every single trace of Java from every deep corner of windows to even be able to access fresh installations of Madsonic.
Before I inevitably try to reinstall Madsonic from scratch is there any knowledge of everything that has to be removed for a fresh install?

P.S Madsonic itself is great and I have loved its featureset 10x more than Subsonic's ever since I came across it. Thank you for your hard work Madevil, I do genuinely appreciate it. And just a head's up....I am definitely tech savvy just not coding savvy.
Attachments
Content_Length_Error.PNG
kurtm83

Unread post by kurtm83 »

i too am having trouble transcoding flac to mp3. does anyone know what this means...

[2016-07-05 16:34:44,631] INFO InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/madsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) /var/madsonic/transcode/ffmpeg: 1: /var/madsonic/transcode/ffmpeg: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

should those parentheses not be there?
These users thanked the author kurtm83 for the post:
Thunderhead420
Rating: 7.69%