Unable to Register Web Address

Need help? Post your questions here.
DanTheTechMan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unable to Register Web Address

Unread post by DanTheTechMan »

Hi. I just upgraded to Madsonic 6 and I love the new features (versus Madsonic 5, it's a great improvement), however most of it would be pointless if it can't be accessed over the internet. Whenever I try to register my personal Madsonic domain, I get the following error: "Could not connect to *************.madsonic.org. (HttpHostConnectException)". I am running the latest stable version of Madsonic (6.0.7860) on Windows 10 Pro build 10586.338 x64. Any Ideas on why I am getting this error?
DanTheTechMan

Re: Unable to Register Web Address

Over 24 hours, 6 viewers, and none of you could bother to respond? Disappointing.......

Anyway, in those 24 hours, things have gone from bad to worse. I now have a standalone installation of Madsonic (meaning that it is now ONLY accessible from within my internal network). The notification icon stays red, and, although it says the service is running (so it says via the Modsonic Control Panel), I get no status messages of any kind (see attached screenshot), which leads me to believe there's something more to this issue. I've already tried tweaking my router settings, disabling my firewall, both to no avail. Anyone have any bright ideas now?
Madsonic Control Panel_Running But Not Started.jpg
DanTheTechMan

Re: Unable to Register Web Address

Ok, I successfully registered a domain (not the one I wanted) after uninstalling Madsonic, manually deleting the Madsonic folder, reinstalling Madsonic, and setting up from scratch. However, I now have a completely different issue: the domain name I want to use I can't use because it tells me it's in use. However, I have previously used that same domain name on a previous release of Madsonic successfully. Is there any way that domain name can be cleared for use? I'm pretty sure only Madevil can help with this, so if someone who has the ability to reach him could do so on my behalf, I'd greatly appreciate it!

P.S.: The domain name I want to use is just my username in all lowercase letters.