6.1 Beta with a large music collection

Need help? Post your questions here.
Jay Freeman
Has thanked: 0

6.1 Beta with a large music collection

Unread post by Jay Freeman »

I have had a chance this week to give the 6.1 beta a thorough test with a large audio collection and I have to say I'm seriously impressed with how it is coming along. Aside from a few annoyances, a couple of bugs this build is worthy of staying on my server as a production build.

Collection size: 1Tb
Number of audio files: 55,342

Media Scan
Madsonic took about 10 minutes first time to scan through my collection and add the metadata to it's database. I would say about 95% of files were classified correctly, there were a few albums that turned up as artist but this was solved in the UI easilly.

Cover art
This was all displayed perfectly, I did't need to search for missing art for any of the albums

Artist photo
This is a really great feature of Madsonic, it's great to be able to see a photo of each artist. I have artist photos in most directories, and the ones that were missing were detected using the lastFM scan and dumped to disk.

Artist Bio
Another amazing feature I love, it is a shame that this isn't dumped to disk as an XML file along with the artist photo. I would like to be able to edit this manually
These users thanked the author Jay Freeman for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
j3tblk

Re: 6.1 Beta with a large music collection

Unread post by j3tblk »

"Large"