Need help? Post your questions here.
registeringsucks
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Madsonic license and Android app

Unread post by registeringsucks »

Hello,
I have the paid app Madsonic Pro.
I also have installed Madsonic 6.0 recently and I see that there's like subsonic a license stuff (btw the reason why I stopped using Subsonic).
This Madsonic is installed on my own server with a public IP and a domain name.
Question is:
does the Android app will still work once premium trials ends ?
If not could you please provide a way to make the server not expire before I can buy a license (if fee is reasonable and not recurring) ?

Thank you for the great work !
This app and server are awesome !
registeringsucks

Re: Madsonic license and Android app

Unread post by registeringsucks »

Thank you very much for the license.
I'm still wondering if the Android app would work without it and thank you very much for your very quick help.

Keep up the excellent work.
tta81001

Unread post by tta81001 »

I am in the same boat. Do I need to purchase a premium license to continue to use my Madsonic Android app?
bspaunhorst

Unread post by bspaunhorst »

I was using Ultrasonic app, and when I first started using Madsonic, it was marketed as open-sourced, free forever. Now I have to pay $2 per month to listen to my music on a mobile device. Guess it's time to move along again.

Audiogalaxy > Subsonic > Madsonic > ??? Any suggestions?
Saklasklas222

Unread post by Saklasklas222 »

you can try Ampache, which runs on php, so you can run it on less powerfull HW. But compare to madsonic, it lacks lot of advanced features. Or if you simply want some basic web player for smaller music collection you can try Sonerezh.
Im also a little suprised by price for "life" membership. There should be some one time pay "home user" license for some 30-40$ with max features of course.
I understand that author want earn some $ for his hard work, but I dont thing that current price tag will cut it for ordinary home user. And man, paying monthly fee for ability to play your own music?...I would rather add 3$ and pay for spotify subscription which give me not only web music player but will add few milions of songs...
These users thanked the author Saklasklas222 for the post:
bspaunhorst
Rating: 7.69%