Transcoding flac causes partial playback on web player

Need help? Post your questions here.
Drinyth
Has thanked: 0

Transcoding flac causes partial playback on web player

Unread post by Drinyth »

I'm running the latest 6.1.8740 server and am having trouble transcoding flac files for playback in the web player. I'm using ffmpeg for transcoding and the file does start playback just fine after transcoding begins. However, using the web player it appears to stop a few seconds into the playback. My only guess is that the ffmpeg process finishes processing the flac file and ends, but instead of continuing to stream the transcoded stream for playback it stops when transcoding is finished? That is what it seems like is happening anyway?

This doesn't happen when playing back from a different player (I have tested the dsub app on my mobile device and that is working fine). It appears to only happen in the web player?

Thoughts?
These users thanked the author Drinyth for the post:
boco
Rating: 7.69%
guygg
Been thanked: 0

Re: Transcoding flac causes partial playback on web player

Unread post by guygg »

Don't suppose you ever figured this out. I'm having the same problem.
guygg
Been thanked: 0

Re: Transcoding flac causes partial playback on web player

Unread post by guygg »

Apparently, what I really needed to do was to post to the forum, cause then I managed to solve the problem. I replaced the transcoder settings to match what was on this documentation page:

http://beta.madsonic.org/pages/transcoding.jsp

So far, not having the problem anymore. It was doing it on every track, getting stuck during playback. Made it through 2 albums now without any troubles.