Madsonic Ads question

Need help? Post your questions here.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Madsonic Ads question

Unread post by gurutech »

If I set up ads on my server, I can enter a number between 0 and 1 to indicate how often ads are played. the higher the number, the more ads play (less songs between ads).

My question is since mobile devices "cache" songs (depending on user settings, but at least 1 song is cached at all times), would ads get cached into the mix every so often (default is every 5 songs)? Or would the user be able to skip them or remove them from their playlist?

Or does the mobile app force users to listen to ads?
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Madsonic Ads question

Unread post by Madsonic »

gurutech wrote:If I set up ads on my server, I can enter a number between 0 and 1 to indicate how often ads are played. the higher the number, the more ads play (less songs between ads).

My question is since mobile devices "cache" songs (depending on user settings, but at least 1 song is cached at all times), would ads get cached into the mix every so often (default is every 5 songs)? Or would the user be able to skip them or remove them from their playlist?

Or does the mobile app force users to listen to ads?
what Madsonic Clients do with the play Queue/playlist is not configurable from the server at the moment,
but a new rolemodel for playlists is planned. (public, private, editable, ready only, ...)
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by gurutech »

So if I create a series of ad files to be played after every 5 or 10 songs, the server will force the phone app (client) to play the ads, even if the songs are cached locally within the app?
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

gurutech wrote:So if I create a series of ad files to be played after every 5 or 10 songs, the server will force the phone app (client) to play the ads, even if the songs are cached locally within the app?
yes, the clients handle ads like normal mediafiles (also caching) with an addition it could be made that ads are locked if the user have no rights, but this must be specifically integrated for each client.

best regards