Last.fm Scrobbler scrobbles too much too fast

Need help? Post your questions here.
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Last.fm Scrobbler scrobbles too much too fast

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

Code: Select all

=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.2 | BUILD: 9080.619dd31.20161222.0327
REST: MADSONIC REST API v2.5.0, SUBSONIC REST API v1.14.0
OS: Linux 3.10.77 #8451 SMP Wed Jan 4 00:31:32 CST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
SERVER: jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT, java 1.8.0_121, Linux 3.10.77 (amd64)
HOST: Synology NAS 1815+ (DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9) | CPU: INTEL Atom C2538| ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 6GB | HDD: 36TB, RAID6
BROWSER: FF 51.x
CLIENT: see browser
JAVA: ORACLE JDK 1.8.121
DESCRIPTION: never trust a scrobbler ,-)
REPRODUCIBLE: Quite often
logged in as admin
=========================================================================================

I don't want to hijack this thread "Last.fm Scrobbler Not Working Right", so I add my experience with the last.fm scrobbler here.

Maybe some others have this too and can confirm? (I saw this a couple of times)

Case A)
I have seen songs, which were scrobbled, but not played.

They were maybe started, but never played.

Example 1)
I had a random playlist. Song were scrobbled fine.
I accidentially pressed the RELOAD-Button on the madsonic webgui, forcing the whole webgui to reload and stop the music.

This song " Dusty Kid — Agaphes " stucks in the playbar, but was never started/played.
scro-playqueue.png
last.fm, however, shows that song as a scrobbled song.
scro-lastfm.png
(you see in this screenshot, that the music stopped afer " Dusty Kid — Agaphes ". In real life, it stopped while playing "Marcel Dettmann — Translation Two", because on that song, I pressed PAUSE, then accidentialle reloaded the webgui

Example 2)
I browse the queue while a song is playing.
clicking accidentially on a song stops the curently playing song.
I click another song ASAP, but the first accidentially clicked song shows up as scrobbled at the last.fm site. (later on, when I check the last.fm site)

Case B)
last.fm site listed a track way too much often. They were never played that much

I found this tracks had problems in the log. (unfortunately, I don't have a logfile for that, atm, but take a look here)
So madsonic had problems with that song and repeatedly tried something with it.
Meanwhile, the playqueue continued playing, so that the "erroneous-song" appeared continously between the song, which were played for real.

Resume:
Madsonic scrobbles too fast.

How is it possible to set up a minimun amount of time, a song needs to be played (in real time) before it is scrobbled?

Is this even possible on a webgui? (how does the server "know" how much of a song is played, for how long?)