Seeking FLAC files

Need help? Post your questions here.
CactusPie
Been thanked: 0

Seeking FLAC files

Unread post by CactusPie »

Recently I've been using Madsonic with a standalone Subsonic player - Clementine. It seems to work fine overall, although I'm having some problems with .flac files. They play just fine, but I am unable to seek forward and back. It might seem like an issue with the player itself, but I tried connecting to an Ampache server as well, since it emulates the Subsonic API, and seeking worked fine there. This leads me to believe that this is an issue with Madsonic, rather than Clementine. Subsonic has the same problem.

Is there any chance that this bug will be fixed?
Tak-MK

Re: Seeking FLAC files

Unread post by Tak-MK »

In subsonic I can seek on flac files, maybe it's the transcoder, or you have to wait for the flac to be in cache (or the browser/proxy is not sending the Range header option :/ )
These users thanked the author Tak-MK for the post:
CactusPie
Rating: 7.69%
CactusPie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by CactusPie »

Hey, you're right. After I disabled the transcoding I can suddenly seek in flack files. Thanks!

Edit: For people having similar issues, here's a guide on how to properly set the transcoding for flac files
https://paneci.wordpress.com/2015/05/05 ... nic-linux/
Last edited by CactusPie on 28 Sep 2017, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tak-MK

Unread post by Tak-MK »

CactusPie wrote:Hey, you're right. After I disabled the transcoding I can suddenly seek in flack files. Thanks!
:D
zzzonedotnet

Unread post by zzzonedotnet »

I may be wrong but the beta of 6.3 on Windows seems to allow seeking within all types of files without setting changes.