Repost. Strange issues

Need help? Post your questions here.
matluma
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Repost. Strange issues

Unread post by matluma »

Hi all,

I have just done a fresh install of my Qnap server and have some strange issues with Sonos and Madsonic.

Firstly, After i point MS to my music share and scan it, it shows album covers and i can click and play them so they look like they are in order but when I search I get no results for anything. It also shows 0 files in both of the statistics windows.

Secondly, my Sonos is on FW 8 and this broke MS-Sonos untul the update.
I can get Sonos now to see MS with the workaround but there is no search feature available in Sonos either. I can only browse and it gets laggy.

Any ideas?
Just updated to latest new version and still no good here.

Does anyone know how to downgrade SONOS to 7.x firmware?

Thx
matluma
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Repost. Strange issues

Unread post by Madsonic »

matluma wrote:Hi all,

I have just done a fresh install of my Qnap server and have some strange issues with Sonos and Madsonic.

Firstly, After i point MS to my music share and scan it, it shows album covers and i can click and play them so they look like they are in order but when I search I get no results for anything. It also shows 0 files in both of the statistics windows.

Secondly, my Sonos is on FW 8 and this broke MS-Sonos untul the update.
I can get Sonos now to see MS with the workaround but there is no search feature available in Sonos either. I can only browse and it gets laggy.

Any ideas?
Just updated to latest new version and still no good here.

Does anyone know how to downgrade SONOS to 7.x firmware?

Thx
matluma
Hi there,

If you add new media folders to Madsonic, only a quick scan is performed. Before the entire search index can be used, a complete scan must be performed. Settings > Media Tools > Normal Scan

The new 6.3 Madsonic test branch is complete compatible with the Sonos 8.x firmware. :)

BTW Sonos don't allow to downgrade your Sonos firmware. :cry:

Best regards,
The Madsonic Team
fnzeee
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fnzeee »

Hi, I also have MS installed on a production qnap, but I have v6.2 installed. As a premium user, I am excited to enable the integration with Sonos. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the 6.3 release still considered beta (the download page still carries a warning that it is only to be used in test and not production environments)? If so, I will have to wait for it to be promoted as we run a production environment.
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

fnzeee wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the 6.3 release still considered beta (the download page still carries a warning that it is only to be used in test and not production environments)? If so, I will have to wait for it to be promoted as we run a production environment.
stable 6.2.9040
beta 6.2.9080
alpha 6.3.9840

The Serverlog tells, 6.3 is an Alpha Version. I belive that, because I installed and tested it ;-)

Code: Select all

[2018-05-05 20:53:32,551] DEBUG VersionService - Resolved latest Madsonic alpha version to: 6.3.9840
For me, it behaves more like a beta, but I wouldn't dare to install it on a productive enviroment.