Folder lists

Post your Server Bug Report
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Folder lists

Unread post by gurutech »

6.1 upgrade from 6.0, then reinstalled due to database crash....

Now that it's working for the most part, when I click "Home", and choose the drop-down for my media folders, I can only view the two folders I have for audio files (Audiobooks and Music). The folders I have for videos do not show up, but if I click on "Index" I can see the sub-folders I had created under "Videos", but when I click on one of these folders, it takes me to the "Podcast" page.

Seems like it thinks my videos are podcasts, but they are not.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Folder lists

Fixed... Deleted the two folders (one at a time) from the media folder list, saved, then re-added.

I noticed that if I went to the "Access" settings, the two folders that were missing from the dropdown were listed as folders to allow access to, but there were no "checkmarks" under these settins, so I couldn't allow or deny access to them. Removing them from the media folder list and then re-adding them put the checkmarks back so I could assign access rights to them again....
MUDBUDDHA69

Unread post by MUDBUDDHA69 »

You should have just done a full scan that fix it for me
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Tried that first. Didn't work for me, because it wasn't scanning all of my folders for some reason. Deleted and readded and that fixed the problem.
Magica
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Magica »

I did update from 6.0.7960 to 6.1.8150 and I have same problem. I have 5 folders, only one is usable. I have done full rescan, full rescan and cleanup and I have deleted and readded (and scanned) media folders and still only one folder is working correctly. In log file there is no errors.
What should I do next?

Br
-m-
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor

Go to the "Access" settings, and see if your folders are listed there, but no checkboxes under them (to allow/checked or deny/unchecked). If that's the case, then you should delete those folders from your media folder list, run a full scan, then add the folders back and run another rescan.

If it fails again, delete the folders, stop/restart the Madsonic service, and then do the re-add folders and full rescan again.