Album (small) thumbnails don't display correctly

Post your Server Bug Report
denzoid
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Album (small) thumbnails don't display correctly

Unread post by denzoid »

I have had this issue using version 5.xx and 6.xx... small thumbnails of cover art look very odd (negative?) I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried deleting and (re)adding my music folder and then tried moving to version 6.x server. Still get the same issue. The larger (linked) cover art does display correctly. Most of the images are embedded and/or saved as folder.jpg files within the album directory. Any ideas?
Attachments
thumbcolors.png
Jay Freeman

Re: Album (small) thumbnails don't display correctly

Unread post by Jay Freeman »

Are you able to open the images in paint/gimp and save them again?

I have 5,000 images and each one displays perfectly (some never used to show for some reason, so I re-saved them)
These users thanked the author Jay Freeman for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
denzoid

Unread post by denzoid »

They do display if I open them in Gimp and (re)save them, the thing is my library is 5,141 albums and 82,962 songs. Anyone know of an "easy" way ?
Jay Freeman

If you drag and drop one of the incorrect images directly into your browser, does it render correctly?

I'm wondering if the images are badly formatted so not even the browser will be able to show them correctly
Jay Freeman

If you are comfortable with the command line, a tool like imagemagick can recursively fix all your images in one go
These users thanked the author Jay Freeman for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%

Unread post by 655321 »

Sorry for reviving this old Thread.
Has anyone come up with another solution for this problem in the meantime? Resaving the Images is simply not an option for me (and they render perfectly when simply dragged into any browser). Almost all of them were saved with Photoshop CC anyway so I do not see them being the problem (they have been recognised perfectly by any software I threw them at until now). When I click on any of the strangelooking pictures in madsonic, the big version looks perfectly ok. I think the thumbnailcreation of Madsonic is broken somehow.