[SOLVED] Web player doesn't work anymore

Post your Server Bug Report
troycarpenter

[SOLVED] Web player doesn't work anymore

Unread post by troycarpenter »

=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.1.8550.3450b22.20160727.0416
SERVLET: JETTY
SERVER: CPU: AMDFX| ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 32GB | HDD: 9TB
SYSTEM: SERVER
INSTALLER: DEB
JAVA: ORACLE JDK 1.8.0
BROWSER: CHROME 51.0.2704.103 | FIREFOX 44.0.2
CLIENT: Web
DESCRIPTION: Web player does not work
REPRODUCIBLE: YES
=========================================================================================

This apparently was also happening in the previous release, but since very few of my users use the web interface to play media, I haven't heard of the issue until now. I am able to reproduce it myself, though. Upgrade to latest release as noted in this report didn't help.

When I click any media to play, I get a popup on the bottom that indicates the music will be added to the playqueue. However, in the player at the bottom of the screen, no songs ever get added, and therefore never play.

I'm guessing this is the HTML5 player, but I can no longer find the option to switch between the Flash and HTML5 player. I'm not even sure Chrome likes Flash anymore.

In Firefox, the player's "play" button simply spins, but otherwise the same behavior.

Microsoft Edge was right out...just a big black frame covering most of the screen.

This was tried on Windows 7 and Windows 10. I personally know this has worked in the past since I've used it at times.
Last edited by troycarpenter on 06 Jan 2017, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
goofy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Web player doesn't work anymore

Unread post by goofy »

It all works in Subsonic 6. I'm guessing that not much testing was done on Mac OS for Madsonic. JDK 1.8 is necessary on the server side and flash seems to be necessary on the web player side. JDK 1.8 must be installed by hand and it is a pain to get to the download link on Oracle's website. On Mac OS I have tested three browsers; Safari, Firefox and Vivaldi. The web player works on Firefox and Vivaldi, not on Safari. Safari has a very convoluted set of dialogs to allow flash on specific web sites. I still haven't gotten it to work on Safari.I wish that flash would go away already.
WaaX
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by WaaX »

I had the same issue, I couldn't add songs to the queue using Chrome.

To fix the issue, I modified config/jetty/8840/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml and added these parameterers under <servlet> that have a DWR Servlet mentionned

Code: Select all

<init-param>
              <param-name>allowScriptTagRemoting</param-name>
              <param-value>true</param-value>
       </init-param>
       <init-param>
              <param-name>allowGetForSafariButMakeForgeryEasier</param-name>
              <param-value>true</param-value>
       </init-param>
I tracked down the problem using chrome developer tool and checking the server response. Unfortunately this is my first post and I can't post the URL with detailed instructions on these settings but you can google for "DWR Cross-domain Support".

This problem doesn't seem widespread so it might be because I'm using madsonic for docker.

I hope this help someone else.
These users thanked the author WaaX for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
troycarpenter

Unread post by troycarpenter »

I fixed my problem by deleting the preferences file and staring over per Madsonic's advice.

http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... 2008#p6896

Yes, the problem in that thread is different, but it also fixed the player problem.