Tuffe
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unable to add/remove Group

Unread post by Tuffe »

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this.

Background
I used to have Madsonic version 4.something and I decided it was time to upgrade.
Freshly installed 20160915_madsonic-6.1.8700-setup-x64.zip on a clean Windows 2012 R2 server. The Madsoinc installer installed Java 8.
When the installation was done I set the admin password and then added my users with their passwords. Then I added my music libraries which are located on a network device so I changed the Madsonic service to run as a user rather than local System.
That seem to have worked fine since it started to scan my libraries. I then logged on as my normal user using Chrome and despite being unfamiliar with the navigation I managed to start playing some music.
I then moved on to groups in the admin interface and that's where my problems started.

The problem
On my old Madsonic server I use Groups and Access to separate different users from different libraries. I wanted the same on this my new server. So I went into Groups and tried to add a new group but was faced with a "java.lang.NumberFormatException" error message. The full error is listed below.
I did some more tests to add a new group using names only containing normal characters but the same error showed up every time. I then restarted the service and tried again. The same result. I then changed the service to run as local System again and retried. Same result. I also tried to delete one of the pre-installed groups but again was faced with the error. I then stopped the service, renamed the DB directory to db.old and restarted the service. I don't know if it's ok to delete the database like that but it seemed to work, all my settings were gone and I had to reset the admin password again. After having done so, I quickly went in to Groups and re-tried my operations and still no cigarr.

My own thoughts
I surfed both Internet and the Madsonic forums for this error and only found one post in the forums with a similar problem but no help for me.
When I look at the error I suspect it may have to do with country specifics on the server. I'm from Sweden so the Regional Settings of the server is Swedish and Sweden, among a few other countries, use a comma (,) as decimal seperator rather than point or full stop (.). Could that be the problem? But surely other users have used Madsonic in Sweden without this problem?

I also let Java update itself and rebooted the server in the hope of instant success but alas, the same error persists. Only the Java version was 1.8.0_111 instead.

I use Chrome as my web browser and the server has no antivirus/firewall stuff beside Microsoft's standard stuff.

With hopes of a solution from the community,

/Ulf

The error message
Exception java.lang.NumberFormatException
Message null
Java version Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_101
Operating system Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3
Server jetty/8.y.z-SNAPSHOT
Memory Used 109 of 317 MB
Stack trace Not added since the forum doesn't accept it. I hope I will be able to add it as a reply to my own post.
Tuffe
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unable to add/remove Group

Unread post by Tuffe »

... And here (hopefully) follows the actual stack trace:

Stack trace java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at org.madsonic.controller.GroupSettingsController.handleParameters(GroupSettingsController.java:96)
at org.madsonic.controller.GroupSettingsController.handleRequestInternal(GroupSettingsController.java:53)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:933)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:867)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:951)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:853)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:827)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:684)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1507)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.rememberme.RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.java:146)
at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:154)
at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:199)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:50)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:106)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1495)
at org.madsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1495)
at org.madsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
at org.madsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:58)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1487)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:427)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:370)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:494)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:984)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1045)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:861)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:236)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:696)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:53)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: Unable to add/remove Group

Unread post by Madsonic »

Issue is confirmed and will be fixed in the next release. :thumbsup: