Podcast with unicode characters in XML do not work

Post your Server Bug Report

Podcast with unicode characters in XML do not work

Unread postby troycarpenter » 13 Feb 2017, 17:16

I have found another podcast that doesn't seem to work with the Madsonic podcatcher. The podcast in question has unicode characters in the XML which seem to cause parsing errors. I have confirmed this by downloading a copy of the XML file locally, removing the XML characters, and pointing Madsonic at the local copy of the XML. The podcast will then process and download as expected.

I will send you a URL to the feed in question.
User avatar
troycarpenter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 03 Dec 2013, 19:16
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Podcast with unicode characters in XML do not work

Unread postby huggenknubbel » 18 Feb 2017, 02:38

Not only with Podcasts. i also get trouble with Music with Unicode Characters.
i have some Music with ä, ö, ü, "_" and so on. The ID3 Tag - Filescan doesnt list that in the Libary.
huggenknubbel
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Nov 2016, 17:33
Location: Jena, Germany
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Podcast with unicode characters in XML do not work

Unread postby troycarpenter » 20 Feb 2017, 00:39

huggenknubbel wrote:Not only with Podcasts. i also get trouble with Music with Unicode Characters.
i have some Music with ä, ö, ü, "_" and so on. The ID3 Tag - Filescan doesnt list that in the Libary.

Yes, I've seen that too with the scanner. I've had to watch the log file and fix any filenames so the scanner would catalog them.
User avatar
troycarpenter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 03 Dec 2013, 19:16
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 49 times


Return to Bug Reports 6.x

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest