getAlbumList (type random) empty for small folders

Post your Server Bug Report
dreagan
Has thanked: 0

getAlbumList (type random) empty for small folders

Unread post by dreagan »

=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.2 | BUILD: 9040
SERVLET: TOMCAT
SYSTEM: NUC
INSTALLER: WINDOWS
JAVA: ORACLE JDK 1.8
REPRODUCIBLE: YES
=========================================================================================

I have a library with a total album size of 5500 albums, divided among different (Madsonic) folders, for example: Rock, Soundtrack, New, Classical, ...
I set up that the random album function should return 30 albums, which works fine if I don't select a folder, or if I select a large enough folder (in my case: Rock contains the most albums). 30 albums will be shown.
When I select a smaller folder, soundtrack for example, I don't get 30 albums. I still get some albums, but the amount of albums shown varies everytime I refresh the page.
When I select an even smaller folder, New for example, I don't even get a single album, no matter how many times I try.

I created a new user that has access only to the New folder. His random function never returns an album.

I also tried the REST API, jst to be sure, with a size of 10, 50, 500, doesn't really matter. The large folder will always return enough random albums, the smaller folder will return a varied amount of albums and the smallest folder will never return an album.

Seems buggy.