Page 1 of 1

6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 11:12
by mplogas
=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.3 | BUILD: 9480
SERVLET: JETTY
SERVER: CPU: XEON E3-1220LV2 | ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 16GB | HDD: 16TB
OS: FreeNAS 9.10.2 @ FREBSD 9.1
SYSTEM: SERVER
INSTALLER: STANDALONE
JAVA: ORACLE JDK 1.8
FFMPEG: ffmpeg version 3.3 built with FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1
BROWSER: CHROME 58, Edge
CLIENT: DSUB | MADSONIC APP | SonicStreamer
DESCRIPTION: Playback (transcoding) of FLAC files is interrupted
REPRODUCIBLE: YES
=========================================================================================


When running any 6.3.x snapshot, streamng/conversion of FLAC starts for 20-50s and then stops for ~20s, then continues for a short time (less than 10s) and stops eventually. No log entry in madsoniclog, no logentry in messages, even in Debug level. No CPU spike. Not an network issue, as the traffic coming from the madsonic machine just stops according to the firewall logs.
Switching back to 6.2.x resolves the issue.

Re: 6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 11:41
by Madevil
try to reset your settings to default if you upgrading from older builds Settings > Reset > Transcoding profil > Madsonic - Default

Re: 6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 19:39
by mplogas
I tried both resetting the Transcoding and resetting (removing) the madsonic.properties. Didn't change anything, unfortunately. I'm back to 6.2 atm (with that dreaded sonderzeichen bug ;) ) but can switch to 6.3 within an hour or so. Let me know if you have an idea how I can log this wierd bug.

Re: 6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 30 May 2017, 22:26
by Madevil
Hi there,

This is possible a problem from the underlying audio parsing library which parse the wrong content-length on some media types like FLAC.
you can track this problem if you open your browser console ( CTRL + SHIFT + J ) you will see a net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH

to solve this problem, config: Settings > Admin Panel > Scanmode Metadata -> MIXED

after this make a full mediascan: Settings > Media Tools -> Full Rescan

This will fix the playback stutter! :)

best regards

Re: 6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2017, 10:21
by mplogas
Thanks, that did the trick! Back on 6.3, streaming to MadSonic App, SonicStreamer and Browser without any issues (and with special chars in Tags ;) ).

Re: 6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 07 Jun 2017, 03:41
by garyo
The CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH error for ogg files is back for me. :-( I'm seeing this in the Chrome console, and the player starts spinning:

Code: Select all
GET https://music.xxx.com/stream?player=6&id=10544&auth=123123&scrobble=false net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH


I've updated ffmpeg and done multiple complete rescans. I'm using MIXED scan mode (have been for a long time). Things were fine until one of the recent updates; I'm running the latest 6.3.9500 now. FreeBSD.

Running ffmpeg on the source ogg file, I can see the actual length is 3:23, just the time when the playback stops and spins in the player. The player thinks the song length is 4:12.

If it's any help, when I do a curl of that URL, I get an mp3 file of the proper length (3:23). And more, I see the X-Content-Duration header set to 202.0 seconds (or 3:22), which is at least approximately OK, anyway not 4:12.

Re: 6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 07 Jun 2017, 04:08
by garyo
... and it's not just oggs. It's happening for mp3s too. For instance, Rickie Lee Jones' Show Biz Kids is actually 4 min 35 sec long. In my player, that's where playback hangs... but the player thinks it's 5:44. The main madsonic index page knows it's 4:35.

Re: 6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 07 Jun 2017, 15:48
by garyo
Fixed!

Madevil PMed me: after the upgrade, need to do Settings > Reset > Reset Transcoding Profile to default. Then do a full rescan. Now the player knows the correct length and my playback doesn't hang. And no more CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH browser errors.

Thanks as always for the great support, Madevil!

Re: 6.3.x FLAC playback issues

Unread postPosted: 12 Apr 2018, 20:36
by garyo
Unfortunately this ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH error seems to be back, in 6.3.9840, with some flac files.
I applied the procedure listed above (reset transcoding profile and full rescan), but I still get this error in Chrome occasionally -- a few times per day, and the player stops working. Have to go to next track by hand to reset it.