Many bugs in 6.3.9500

Post your Server Bug Report
thechez

Many bugs in 6.3.9500

Unread post by thechez »

So, I already posted about the playlists issues. Now I'm noting that I can't take songs in my queue and add those to the playlist. I also am not getting the random albums on my front page anymore. AutoDJ isn't finding any songs to mix even though my library is scanned and in there. This is in the webplayer. I also tried genre radio and it won't work as well.
I'm running 6.3.9500 on a QNAP TS-451 running QTS 4.2.2.

Mark
These users thanked the author thechez for the post (total 2):
Madsoniccgcarter1
Rating: 15.38%
thechez

Re: Many bugs in 6.3.9500

Unread post by thechez »

Things are now working. Not sure what end was causing this but was having no issues with the NAS server today. Not sure about the music service. Nothing seemingly changed in settings but it's working sometimes for me. I can't say the same for one of my SignUp people. They are using Chrome in incognito mode and can't get things to work. I've tried replicating but no such luck. It is working fine for me in incognito mode as well.
These users thanked the author thechez for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
cgcarter1

Unread post by cgcarter1 »

I have noticed some inconsistencies with 6.3 also...
Podcasts are hit or miss on whether they will buffer up on Android... Seems to always work on web client.

Also, looking at the server log I have a lot of =>

[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Searching With My Good Eye Closed
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Holy Water
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Jesus Christ Pose
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Mind Riot
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for New Damage
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Outshined
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Slaves & Bulldozers
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Somewhere
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for [Rusty Cage]
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Drawing Flies
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Room A Thousand Years Wide
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Face Pollution
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Never The Machine Forever
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for [Blow Up The Outside World]
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for [Burden In My Hand]
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Applebite
[6/14/17 3:01 AM] ERROR SearchService Failed to create search index for Boot Camp

Just wondering what the nature of the problem is (Only some of them have special characters so I'm not thinking that is the answer.

One last thing is doesn't seem you can have . (periods) in the path... For instance I have a folder named after the artist Will.I.Am in the server log it says it can not find the folder. I have visually verified that the folder is there and it shows up in the artist list. I did a complete scan with db maintenance and the problem persists.
hunterking

Unread post by hunterking »

I'm also not getting random albums and a lot of my media folder scanning has been failing after a few seconds with nothing helpful in the logs. Search doesn't work for me either. Running Windows server, music is on a mapped drive from my NAS