ChromeCast not working on 6.3.9720

Post your Server Bug Report
sparc

ChromeCast not working on 6.3.9720

Unread post by sparc »

New Madsonic subscriber. Trying to ChromeCast to an NVIDIA Shield with no luck. I am able to cast my Chrome tabs or browser successfully. I am also able to cast YouTube successfully, so I don't think the NVIDIA Shield is at fault. This is a key feature I was hoping to utilize for long-term use of this product.

=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.3 | BUILD: 9720
SERVLET: JETTY
SERVER: CPU: AMD R-Series RX-421BD quad-core 2.1 GHz processor, burst up to 3.4 GHz | ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 32GB | HDD: 35TB
SYSTEM: SERVER
INSTALLER: WINDOWS
JAVA: ORACLE JDK 1.8
BROWSER: CHROME 61.0.3163.100
CLIENT: OTHER
DESCRIPTION: WHEN I ADD A SONG TO THE PLAYLIST & CLICK ON THE CAST BUTTON. THE DEVICE, NVIDIA SHIELD, APPEARS AS IT SHOULD. WHEN I CLICK ON IT, THE NVIDIA SHIELD/TV POPS UP WITH THE MADSONIC PLAYER ON THE TV W/COVER ART. A SCROLL BAR CONTINUALLY SCROLLS AT THE BOTTOM AS IF IT'S TRYING TO LOAD SOMETHING? WHEN I CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON IN CHROME, NOTHING HAPPENS. IT DOESN'T CHANGE TO A PAUSE SYMBOL. NO AUDIO COMES OUT OF TV/STEREO. IF I GO INTO THE PLAYERS SETTINGS ON MADSONIC & UNTICK CONTROL PLAYER AUTOMATICALLY FOR THE CORRECT PLAYER, IT WILL CHANGE TO A PLAY/PAUSE BUTTON THEN.. BUT STILL NO AUDIO. THE PLAYER IS SET TO WEB PLAYER.
REPRODUCIBLE: YES
=========================================================================================
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Re: ChromeCast not working on 6.3.9720

Unread post by Madsonic »

I suspect it will not use the correct network address.

Go to Settings > Network

and configure your network address to match the local IP of your Madsonic server so that other devices can find your server.

best regards,
The Madsonic Team
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
sparc
Rating: 7.69%
sparc

Unread post by sparc »

Madevil wrote:I suspect it will not use the correct network address.

Go to Settings > Network

and configure your network address to match the local IP of your Madsonic server so that other devices can find your server.

best regards,
The Madsonic Team
Thanks for the response; however, no luck. I was using a custom URL that resolves properly internally to my internal Madsonic IP & externally to my WAN IP address. DNS was definitely setup properly. Externally & internally, I can access it.. so I have no reason to believe the NVIDIA Shield can't internally. I tried using a custom Madsonic address (that registered successfully), my own personal custom DNS, & my internal IP address with no success. I have to put :4040 on the end to pass the status check on the personal DNS one.

See attached.
2017-10-29 07_13_00-After Hours (The Antidote) - Ronny Jordan - Madsonic.jpg
sparc

Unread post by sparc »

Just an update.. I was apparently wildly flaying around with DNS too much -- you were right. I had a madsonic & madsonic1 established in DNS. I meant for them to point to the same IP address, but somewhere along the ways I must have made an error. Anyways, it does work correctly on my NVIDIA Shield from the latest Google Chrome on Madsonic 6.3.9720.

Sorry for the false positive. This can be closed unless anyone has anything to add.
These users thanked the author sparc for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%