Custom logo ignored after upgrade to 6.3.9840

Post your Server Bug Report
mplogas

Custom logo ignored after upgrade to 6.3.9840

Unread post by mplogas »

=========================================================================================
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.3 | BUILD: 9840
SERVLET: JETTY
SERVER: CPU: XEON | ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 16GB | HDD: 16TB
SYSTEM: SERVER || CLIENT
INSTALLER: DEB
JAVA: OPEN JDK 1.8
BROWSER: CHROME 44 | FIREFOX 39 | SAFARI 9 | OTHER
CLIENT: BROWSER (CHROME / EDGE / FIREFOX) / black theme
DESCRIPTION: Updated today from .9720 to .9840 via dpkg. Had used the custom logo feature before, and noticed that now some fallback logos are displayed instead. Reactivating the custom logo in settings didn't fix it. Tested in multiple browsers, wiped cache. Logo folder & content is present on local storage, ACL didn't change. Downgrading resolved the issue, but I re-upgraded again and use default logo for now.
REPRODUCIBLE: YES
=========================================================================================
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Custom logo ignored after upgrade to 6.3.9840

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

I'd like to reproduce/test this, but unfortunately, I'm on a Synology NAS and do not know, where the %MADSONIC_HOME% to find...

Are the Logos in the same location at your system as they were before the update? Maybe they moved (or were deleted via the update...) and now, the paths are not pointing to the correct location.

Well, btw, I had expected a much simpler way to add a custom logo, say just an IMPORT/UPLOAD Button for the Logo/Icon, like the Avatar Upload function. Why should the user care, where Madsonic stores the logo data...
Settings -> Admin Panel ->  Use custom logo
Settings -> Admin Panel -> Use custom logo