Left Index: blank space & confusion

Post your Server Bug Report
Micha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Left Index: blank space & confusion

Unread post by Micha »

Hi there;

In Subsonic, I liked that the left bar consisted mostly of the list of artists, and I wanted something similar in madsonic. In the keyboard shortcuts, I noticed that "l" could be used to pop up a "left index". After some random walk, I realized that "Show artist panel" has to be activated for that to work — that's quite confusing. I also activated Accordion Scrolling.

Now when I click on a letter in the Left Index, the drop down list is mostly empty — it seems that its size is computed based on the longest list rather than the one selected. Additionally, the letters at the bottom of the Index have no effect, and I could not find a way to expand all letters at once.

Is there any way to configure the default view in such a way that the Left Index is open by default open? I could not find where to configure the left bar, in general (I'd rather remove quite a few things from there, including Discover, Radios, Podcasts, ...)

Thanks for the good work!
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Left Index: blank space & confusion

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

Micha wrote: Is there any way to configure the default view in such a way that the Left Index is open by default open? I could not find where to configure the left bar, in general (I'd rather remove quite a few things from there, including Discover, Radios, Podcasts, ...)
As Admin, go to -> Settings -> Icons
(Only found this on accidence, not very intuitiv)
There you have a list with Items you can Add/Remove from the left Navigation Bar. (I hope, that was your question)

Regarding the "left index", I guess, I had it activated accidentially too, and it did not worked very well. Somewhat like your description. Just did not work and I was unable to find any clicks or tricks how to use it right. I then de-activated it accidentially and was very happy that happened :-)
All the options to pimp the Gui are very confusing,not very intuitive, and their names doesn't make any sense to me. (Maybe, if you're a longtime SubSonic user, but I never was...)