6.1 Artist List

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
TastyJams

6.1 Artist List

Unread post by TastyJams »

Madevil,

Really liking the 6.1 demo you have running! Moving the top menu to the side bar makes the UI feel so much cleaner. One thing I am going to miss, however, is having the artist list on the side bar. The index page is great, however personally it gives me a little bit of a headache not having it as a pure vertical list like you would normally see on media libraries. Is it possible to put a toggle button on the side bar to switch the side frame back and forth between a classic style sidebar artist list and the new "menu sidebar"? If so I think it would be an amazing feature!

Also, I know I've said this before, but I would like to mention again that I really miss having the broadcast tab as its own frame on the right side. It was just so convenient to be able to see what other people are listening to and being able to chat without switching to the broadcast tab. Otherwise a lot of users don't use the chat function at all.

Thanks for your consideration and hard work!
These users thanked the author TastyJams for the post:
jake-
Rating: 7.69%
TastyJams

Re: 6.1 Artist List

Installed 6.1 and quickly reverted back to 6.0 due to the fact that this feature is missing.... I just can't do it! I need a vertical scrolling list on the sidebar!
TastyJams

Bump... Can I get any feedback?

This is one of the few things keeping me on 6.0 build and making me think about switching to the new Subsonic beta build...
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Want to see also the old 6.0 look (artist on the left) back. There's an option under General tab, but its not working.
frank2228

Unread post by frank2228 »

I am running 6.1.8220 and the artist list feature is still there. I am able to enable it by clicking on the lower of the two icons (circled in red) in the screen shot i uploaded. It is in the upper left corner of your browser. Toggle it to show or hide the list
Attachments
snip that shows toggle for artist list
snip that shows toggle for artist list
madsonic artist list icon.JPG (11.31 KiB) Viewed 3627 times
TastyJams

I appreciate the addition of the artist list, but the way it folds out into a separate panel feels a bit clunky in my opinion. I would personally prefer the artist list to toggle OVER the menu, so that you can switch back and forth between the menu and artist list instead of a separate panel. Still running 6.0