How to recognize Album Description in mp3 automatically.

Madsonic Server 6.x
sayyidilmy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to recognize Album Description in mp3 automatically.

Unread post by sayyidilmy »

Hii,,

I have a problem about my madsonic.
i already upload some tracks to my madsonic server. but, i forgot to set my tracks tag with mp3 tracks.
after i set my tracks tags such album and album artist. i did re-upload my tracks from filezilla . but nothing change with the tags description in madsonic.

any solution?

Thank you in advance,
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to recognize Album Description in mp3 automatically.

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

sayyidilmy wrote:any solution?
Check those Places:
As Admin, go to Settings
As Admin, go to Settings
There you can re-scan your files and configure a time interval for auto scanning.

Also, try/read this Thread. It gives good information about what can going wrong.
troycarpenter

Unread post by troycarpenter »

I found the most reliable way to fix tags is to fix the tags per your preferred method, then move the files out of your music folders, then rescan files. Once that's done, move them back into their original place and rescan again. It will probably mess up your playlists and such, but I've no other way to reliably get the system to see MP3 tag changes. You can also use the built-in tag editor as well, which seems to make changes to the database as well so you won't need to rescan.
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

troycarpenter wrote:You can also use the built-in tag editor as well, which seems to make changes to the database as well so you won't need to rescan.
This would probably the easiest (maybe not the fastest) solution, if you aren't a "tag-nerd". Means, you don't know and care what ID3-type is written, you're not interested in multitags and other specialities you could care about. I maybe work out well, but I don't see a reason to test it with my music and my very important metadata :-)