HTTP ERROR: 503 Service Unavailable

Madsonic Server 6.x
treyrosius
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

HTTP ERROR: 503 Service Unavailable

Unread post by treyrosius »

Hi Guys, i've installed madsonic version 6.2.. on macOS 10.13 High Sierra... running legacy java 6 runtime.

When i start madsonic, i get this error message

HTTP ERROR: 503
Problem accessing /. Reason:

Service Unavailable
Powered by Jetty:// 8.y.z-SNAPSHOT
I will appreciate any help i can get
p.s : On my MAc, i have two java version ...10.0 and 1.6
here is the log

Sep 19, 2018 7:57:34 AM org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader initWebApplicationContext
SEVERE: Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-sonos.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Invalid NamespaceHandler class [org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spring.NamespaceHandler]
andreasdevig

Re: HTTP ERROR: 503 Service Unavailable

Unread post by andreasdevig »

Have you tried uninstalling madsonic from your mp3player, stopping the service in madsonic control panel (on your computer), and then renaming the db folder (C:\madsonic\db) to db_corrupt
Then starting the service again (on madsonic control panel on your computer). Then reinstalling madsonic to your mp3player, then log into your madsonic url address (on the internet browser of your computer) (maybe you need to log into admin first, then changing the username/password), and then adding the media folders again.
That might help. I think that's what I was told to do.
williamhold
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HTTP ERROR: 503 Service Unavailable

Unread post by williamhold »

A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that your web server operates properly, but it can't temporarily handle the request at the moment. This error happen for a wide variety of reasons. Normally, this error can be due to a temporary overloading or maintenance being performed on the server and it is resolved after a period of time or once another thread has been released by web-server application.

How to fix HTTP 503 errors

Reload (Refresh) the page
Restart Your Devices
Scan for Malware
Clear Temporary Files
Visiting the website later
Contact server admin