- Code: Select all
VERSION: MADSONIC 6.2 | BUILD: 8840
SERVER: CPU: AMD A6-3600 | ARCH: X64 | MEMORY: 5GB | HDD: 1TB
OS: CENTOS 7.2
JAVA: OPENJDK 1.8
BROWSER: CHROME 54
CLIENT: NODE 6.1.8740
DESCRIPTION: MULTIPLE ISSUES - SEE BELOW
Having multiple issues attempting to set up a streaming node on a Raspberry Pi 3 running latest Raspbian image with Oracle Java 1.8. Some of these issues are immediately addressable, however I'm at a "stuck" point. Here are the minor issues, which I was able to fix:
1) After decompressing the node archive, I attempted to run madsonic-node.sh, but received an error message. It was trying to execute madsonic-node-booter.jar, however the only jar file in the directory is madsonic-node.jar. Once I edited madsonic-node.sh and pointed it to the correct file, the service was able to start.
2) I was able to create a node entry in the server and send a playlist to the node. When I clicked "Start", an error occurred on the node saying access was denied to /var/madsonic-node/transcode/ffmpeg. I had to set chmod +x on /var/madsonic-node/transcode/ffmpeg to get past this issue.
There are two main issues that I currently cannot get past:
1) After sending a playlist to the node and clicking "Start", I receive the following error message at the node (NOTE: This board complained about "off-site URLs" in this post, so I added spaces to the Java package names):
- Code: Select all
[2016-11-06 07:15:13] [INFO ] [qtp16924379-16] PlaylistController - Playing stream - (STREAM URL OMITTED) offset: 0
[2016-11-06 07:15:13] [INFO ] [/var/madsonic-node/transcode/ffmpeg InputStreamLogger] InputStreamReaderThread - (/var/madsonic-node/transcode/ffmpeg) /var/madsonic-node/transcode/ffmpeg: 1: /var/madsonic-node/transcode/ffmpeg: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
[2016-11-06 07:15:13] [DEBUG] [qtp16924379-16] LocalAudioPlayer - Opened line com . sun . media . sound . DirectAudioDevice$DirectSDL@3bcf48
[2016-11-06 07:15:13] [DEBUG] [qtp16924379-16] PlaylistController - changeState: PLAYING
[2016-11-06 07:15:13] [DEBUG] [Thread-22] PlaylistController - changeState: EOM
[2016-11-06 07:15:13] [DEBUG] [Thread-22] LocalAudioPlayer - CLOSED line com . sun . media . sound . DirectAudioDevice$DirectSDL@3bcf48
I have tried many different files and the result is the same. There appears to be a missing closing parenthesis inside the node source code. I did verify that I am able to play audio from the Raspberry Pi if I curl the stream URL, pipe it to ffmpeg, and pipe again to aplay. Thus, this issue appears to be purely on the node's side.
2) Since I couldn't use the node to play from a playlist, I tried using it as a remote jukebox. However, even though the node is showing as online and enabled in the Node menu, none of the players in the Players menu will allow me to select "Node" as the player type. It is simply a grayed-out option on the page, even for the Admin user. I feel like I might be doing something wrong here, but I haven't found anything in documentation or forum that would give me a clue on this particular issue.