How to use a Node?

Madsonic Node 6.x
sparc

How to use a Node?

Unread post by sparc »

I followed the directions in the documentation to install it. I believe it is operational per Settings -> Nodes. However, I do not see any documentation to show me how to stream music to it. I see the Node selection under Players, but it is always greyed out. Under Settings -> Nodes, I see a variety of different buttons for Open, Start, Pause, Resume, Skip, Stop, Transfer & Config.

Looking for some information on basic functionality at this point, even if it is experimental. I am building a RPi3 Jukebox with a Schiit Modi 2 Uber USB DAC. It worked great hosting the Madsonic Server itself on the RPi3, but I would likely prefer the RPi3 to just be a Node rather than the entire Madsonic Server itself.

I don't mind if the full functionality is not there for awhile, but I would prefer not to stream the music from Madsonic directly Chromium as a workaround. Thank for your work on this product -- I do enjoy it. :P :P :P
Micha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to use a Node?

Unread post by Micha »

Frankly, I've spent a couple hours on that, and cannot say it's anywhere near the claimed functionality on Madsonic's website, sadly.

What I did so far was:
- Have Nodes installed on a Pi at home;
- Give it the credentials of a remote server;
- Nothing happening, so I forwarded my router's 8181 to my Pi's 8181, and registered that address manually on the remote server;
- Now I can "transfer" a playlist to the node, and it will play the first song then stop.

What I was expecting was a smooth, unified way of playing to a node, that would use the very same interface that we use to play in a webbrowser. I don't know if it's me doing the wrong thing, tho, but that seems quite far from it.

EDIT: On the other hand, the Android app works quite well. The two major problems I can see is that the playing is stopped after each song, and that the gain is reset at each song. But that's closer to what one can expect.

M.
oliverfischer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to use a Node?

Unread post by oliverfischer »

Node.js is a lean, fast, cross-platform JavaScript runtime environment that is useful for both servers and desktop applications