Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

actual Release of Madsonic Server
Soleurs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread post by Soleurs »

DaScientific wrote:Hi there, i got the same problem with mobile apps. My Blackberry app does not complain at all but crashes right after starting it. Is there a way to get that back working?
Sorry, intruding again. I experience this problem on Android apps, including the official one. You'll probably have to wait for Subsonic apps to be compatible with the new database type (I think that's the issue). If you absolutely have to have a mobile app, your best solution is to revert to Madsonic 5.2 or 5.1.
nelgin

Unread post by nelgin »

So let me see.

1) I can no longer use my Subsonic registration with Madsonic, even though the core of the work was done by someone else and I've already paid for that core work.

2) Madsonic 6 is in beta but I have 29 days in which to try it before I have to pay for a registration? The only company that I know that charges people to beta test software is Microsoft, every time they release a new security patch.

3) Even if I wanted to, I cannot buy a license key anyway because the website doesn't work.

4) I have no problem paying for software but not for beta product, and I'm not going to beta test something that I may not be able to use in 30 days.

Suggestions for Madsonic alternatives? Sure, I really like what it offers, but I have not specific loyalty to any particular package.
BurntTech

Unread post by BurntTech »

I do have to say it appears the LDAP is under the premium page which used to be free in old versions :cry:
DLNA still looks like its easier to use minidlna mapped to music directory then in previous versions of madsonic (xbox DLNA incompatible issue) and now this feature is also premium too.
I can live with the DLNA off to the side but I fear we/I might have to slap a LDAP framework in once the source is committed.
Hoping that changes once the beta is done but don't have a good feeling about that...
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi,

You are right ... this is all in beta test phase ... some features are not complete or not implemented yet.

When Madsonic 6.0 is final all will be fair balanced for all versions, meanwhile i am fixing, coding and testing around the clock to satisfy all of you ;)

best regards,
Martin
aramisathei

Unread post by aramisathei »

Just wanted to say at v6 has been going great so far.
You're doing great work Mad.
Keep it up. ;D
Ghizmo

Unread post by Ghizmo »

Hi Mad,

Where can we download V6 sources please ?

Regards

[edit 09/24/2015]
Mad, Madsonic and Subsonic core is under GPL v3 so, you must show all the source code. Could you give it to us by downloading link ? I can assure you that I follow the case very closely ...

Thanks in advance