Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

actual Release of Madsonic Server

Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby Madevil » 28 Apr 2015, 09:59

2015-04-24 18_39_52-Madsonic.png
2015-04-24 18_38_18-Madsonic.png

2015-04-24 18_42_39-Madsonic.png
2015-04-24 18_53_41-Madsonic.png

2015-04-24 18_58_07-Madsonic.png
2015-04-24 18_40_41-Madsonic.png

2015-04-24 18_55_32-Madsonic.png
2015-04-24 19_03_15-Madsonic.png

2015-04-24 19_04_17-Madsonic.png
2015-04-24 19_56_11-Madsonic.png

2015-04-24 19_02_40-Madsonic.png
User avatar
Madevil
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 926
Joined: 07 Dec 2012, 03:58
Has thanked: 1312 times
Been thanked: 959 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby rburns » 12 May 2015, 19:09

Maybe I missed something recently....
Where are all of the downloads???
I am currently on 5.1.52000 and it says there is an update to 5.2.5420
I can't find that one!

There is a changelog on beta.madsonic that shows 6.0.xx
I can't find any 6.0 downloads. Is madsonic moved from OpenSource?
If so, there is nothing in the store
rburns
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 17:36
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby pafzedog » 19 May 2015, 18:28

rburns wrote:Maybe I missed something recently....
Where are all of the downloads???
I am currently on 5.1.52000 and it says there is an update to 5.2.5420
I can't find that one!

There is a changelog on beta.madsonic that shows 6.0.xx
I can't find any 6.0 downloads. Is madsonic moved from OpenSource?
If so, there is nothing in the store


you can find it on new beta website (can't make a true link :/ ) : beta.madsonic.org/pages/download.jsp
pafzedog
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 May 2014, 21:59
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby boco » 20 May 2015, 02:07

pafzedog wrote:
you can find it on new beta website (can't make a true link :/ ) : beta.madsonic.org/pages/download.jsp


So it looks like there is no longer a 5.2 branch, which Mad mentions was merged with the 6.0 branch which isn't publicly available yet. So if you still have a 5.2 install running you currently have features that are not available anywhere at the moment.

Hopefully we see a wonderful 6.0 branch develop and some love for us long timers with a really great introductory offer to the new licensing model that will soon be upon us. :)
boco
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 23:48
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby boco » 23 May 2015, 17:20

Also noticed the demo.madsonic.org site has been updated with a 6.0 version.

Looks nice, I really like the drop down playlist. Look forward to trying it out...Hopefully soon.... :D
boco
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 23:48
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby diablo2424 » 26 May 2015, 18:32

I just checked out the demo page as well, and I too cannot wait for 6.0 to be released! It looks much better than 5.0/5.1!
diablo2424
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Jan 2014, 15:23
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby GenJin » 27 May 2015, 22:32

Thanks for the great job !
Just one question :
Will madsonic stay open source ?
GenJin
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Mar 2014, 15:38
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby bwood » 14 Jun 2015, 10:49

I think that the intent is for Madsonic to remain open source. It is a fork of Subsonic which is GPL2. That means that the source for any available binary download must be made available. The merge of the 5.2 branch into 6.0 doesn't affect that. I'm sure that if you asked nicely, MM would provide you a link to the source for the latest release which is 5.2.5420.

Regards
bwood
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Feb 2013, 07:09
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby dLysergic » 16 Jun 2015, 23:01

pafzedog wrote:
rburns wrote:Maybe I missed something recently....
Where are all of the downloads???
I am currently on 5.1.52000 and it says there is an update to 5.2.5420
I can't find that one!

There is a changelog on beta.madsonic that shows 6.0.xx
I can't find any 6.0 downloads. Is madsonic moved from OpenSource?
If so, there is nothing in the store


you can find it on new beta website (can't make a true link :/ ) : beta.madsonic.org/pages/download.jsp


http://beta.madsonic.org/pages/request.jsp?branch=5.2&target=20141214_madsonic-5.2.5420.deb - I got the deb package for linux systems from this link. Seems to still work.
dLysergic
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Nov 2014, 21:35
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby chali » 01 Jul 2015, 15:57

lrusak wrote:Seems the beta 6.0 version link doesn't exist, was it removed?


have not existed.
i'm guessing it will take a very long time before we will see any release since it been quiet about it for a very long time

/Regards
chali
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 102
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 16:25
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby blablablabla » 08 Jul 2015, 15:48

hi,
is there some ETA or sth similar? I just can't wait to push musiccabinet of my server :D
Shall we donate?

regards
blablablabla
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Feb 2015, 01:25
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby mp3sponge » 09 Jul 2015, 03:41

Holy crap.... did I see that right?... its finally getting drag and drop features?.... thats awesome. I used to use Vibe Streamer just for that reason. really nice to plop stuff where you want it instantly.


J.
mp3sponge
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 00:25
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby blablablabla » 21 Jul 2015, 12:04

They were down due to financial issues. Now it's working again.

@Madevil:
do you plan on organizing the music by tags? (as musiccabinet or mediamonkey does? )
The reason I ask for it is that I have my music in different types of qualities:
- MP3
- FLAC 16/44
- FLAC 24/96

So my resulting folder structure is like:
/MP3/Artist/Albums
/FLAC/Artist/Albums

Sometimes it's also
/MP3/Artist/Albums/different_Albums
/MP3/Artist/EPs/different_EPs
/MP3/Artist/Singles/different_singles


So by using tags it would aggregate all the Songs of different qualities but same artist together.

Let me know your thoughts.

EDIT:

or is my issue not valid, as my substructure is equal for all qualities?
I guess I got that wrong :O I'm sorry
Best regards! :)
blablablabla
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Feb 2015, 01:25
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby KicknGuitar » 01 Aug 2015, 08:45

blablablabla wrote:@Madevil:
do you plan on organizing the music by tags? (as musiccabinet or mediamonkey does? )

This ks something other users have asked for. One of the design plans for Madsonic 6, listed by Madevil was tag sorting, the last I saw it mentioned was here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1251

I really hope there's news on that.
KicknGuitar
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 29 Nov 2014, 10:41
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby nh5 » 06 Aug 2015, 03:09

Been playing with the new beta build, LDAP is running with Server 2012R2 AD! Which is definitely exciting. However, what it is really preventing me from testing is two things, all the mobile apps complain the REST service has changed too much to be compatible.

Madevil, I'm running this on Tomcat 8, any easy way to change the default folder for the database from C:\madsonic to something else? It would allow me to keep my 5420 site running along side for testing.
nh5
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 18:03
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby strawdragon » 17 Aug 2015, 19:44

Hello!

So I found 6.xx available online for beta/testing..

However I had lost my accounts. It would constantly get a 503 error so I removed the three madsonic.data, script and properties so it would start..
In doing so I am not in Trial mode? Is this new for 6.x? I was a premium member in 5.x. How do I get that to return? I clicked the recover my license and since I never donated, it is unable to find my email.

Any idea how I can get at least my user database back if I have the original files from 5.1?

Thanks!
strawdragon
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 18:43
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby gurutech » 17 Aug 2015, 22:24

strawdragon wrote:Hello!

So I found 6.xx available online for beta/testing..

However I had lost my accounts. It would constantly get a 503 error so I removed the three madsonic.data, script and properties so it would start..
In doing so I am not in Trial mode? Is this new for 6.x? I was a premium member in 5.x. How do I get that to return? I clicked the recover my license and since I never donated, it is unable to find my email.

Any idea how I can get at least my user database back if I have the original files from 5.1?

Thanks!


Send a PM to MadEvil - he was sending out specific codes to beta testers to retrieve a license key. The 5.x one won't work with the 6.x version.
gurutech
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 324
Joined: 02 Jan 2013, 04:56
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby utopian » 18 Aug 2015, 05:05

I'm getting a new version available.. currenly running version 5.x.x.. can I install over this ? is it going to screw up my current working install ?

Thanks
utopian
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jan 2013, 15:13
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby Soleurs » 20 Aug 2015, 03:15

utopian wrote:I'm getting a new version available.. currenly running version 5.x.x.. can I install over this ? is it going to screw up my current working install ?

Thanks


No, you can't install over this. When you upgrade to the beta, you will most likely lose your users and your database, as the two database versions are incompatible. Just back it all up. Plus, this is a beta, so it's probably best to continue using the stable as your primary installation until 6.0 is properly released.
Soleurs
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 05:40
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Madsonic 6.0 new Sneak Peek

Unread postby utopian » 20 Aug 2015, 12:04

Thanks for that
utopian
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 17 Jan 2013, 15:13
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Next

Return to Madsonic 6.x

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest