Madsonic Development Section
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Madsonic Development

Unread post by Madsonic »

Dear Madsonic Community!

At the moment I am very limited to a slow Internet connection, until new connection is established on the new Company Headquarter.
I hope this is all done in the coming weeks, but Madsonic 6.0 development continues offline.

... stay tuned :D
2015-01-28 08_55_33-Madsonic.png
2015-01-28 08_54_04-Madsonic.png
Best Regards,
Madsonic Development
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post (total 5):
eKeithbocojaszladietroycarpentercwalk
Rating: 38.46%
DoCC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Madsonic Development

Unread post by DoCC »

lol Dante, danzig ,david guetta ... odysee of sounds XD
looks fine til now .. thx
These users thanked the author DoCC for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
troycarpenter

Unread post by troycarpenter »

Any updates on the development front? I've really been looking forward to restoring LDAP functionality, as well as seeing all the improvements.
shivan

Unread post by shivan »

although madevil visits the forum often (from what I see in his profile), he hasn't posted anything in over 2 months. I am guessing he was not happy with the discussions that went on after the monthly fee was announced and people said probably not willing to pay. It's been 3 months since the first beta for 6.0 and 2 months+ since the last comment. I am guessing that the development of Madsonic is very likely over. Too bad, it had so much potential. There was an issue awhile back where some people challenged his process for making the source available and he got all ticked off and said he was no longer going to update madsonic and a bunch of people begged and trashed the people asking for the source and he eventually came back. maybe he is mad at all the comments that said they would not pay a monthly fee (i am one of them) and so he decided to stop and not tell anyone. An alternative scenario would be he has the finished version 6 just about ready and is about to provide it any day, and that's why he has been so lacking on the forums. Just based off of history, I'm betting on scenario 1. I guess i can go back and see if the original subsonic is still being actively developed or maybe someone has branched off and started a new fork.
daneren2005
Developer
Developer

Unread post by daneren2005 »

I was wondering/assuming the same thing. I don't think Madsonic was getting that people aren't against paying, just against an ongoing fee. I'm not paying a monthly fee to host my own crap when I can just pay twice as much for a vastly superior service via GMusic or Spotify. I am willing to pay for software, I am just not willing to pay like its a continual service when it is not. In fact the entire reason I went with Subsonic in the first place is that it was open source so I could continue development if it got abandoned and it was a one time fee.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
nelgin
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by nelgin »

I've already paid for Subsonic, of which this is a fork. I don't mind a one time "donation" but I'm not going to pay a monthly fee. I can't see anyone who paid for Subsonic will go to Madsonic 6.0. It's very rare people will start paying for something they have been getting for free. They'll either stick with the last free revision or find an alternative. I'm quite happy with Madsonic 5.
etyrnal

Unread post by etyrnal »

there's something shady about taking advantage of the open source spirit until you decide you want to profit from it, then taking the source hostage and charging admission for it... going forward.
Insann

Unread post by Insann »

Does someone has an idea when Madonic 6 release comes out ?
:P :P :P
addseo1115
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by addseo1115 »

It's great