Preorder Madsonic licenses

Got an idea? Missing something? Post your feature request here.
MrBiggleux
Has thanked: 0

Preorder Madsonic licenses

Unread post by MrBiggleux »

Hi everybody,

I'm a great fan of Subsonic for more than 2 years, and I use it every day. I just discovered Madsonic that I find just awesome.
So, i migrate my entire db on Madsonic 6.0.

However, I saw that there is a trial period for all premium features. When I go to the website to get a license, there is a countdown.
So I have a trial period of 30 days, and the license purchase will be available in about 70 days. It means that during 40 days, I will not be able to use premium features.
When I took a look at this forum, i saw that I wasn't the only one who wants to buy a premium license but who can't. And everytime, we need to ask a license to Madevil personnaly.

I think it could be great to have a preorder feature, or a donation system, so we can buy our future premium license and get a temporary license automatically.
I don't know if it is technically possible, maybe the countdown represents the start of an official contract between Subsonic and Madsonic, but... this is my point.
These users thanked the author MrBiggleux for the post:
Madsonic
Rating: 7.69%
mp3sponge

Re: Preorder Madsonic licenses

Unread post by mp3sponge »

I also have an expired trial now . with 69 days left , I would like to use my phone for streaming every once in awhile.

Whats the procedure to obtain a code prior to the "coming soon..." countdown ? . Really would like to get this all premium'd up . :)

thanks.

Mp3.
These users thanked the author mp3sponge for the post:
Madsonic
drashna

Unread post by drashna »

Unless it's taboo to post...

Just reset it (madsonic.properties, remove the expires line, restart madsonic)
mp3sponge

Unread post by mp3sponge »

thx for the temp code Madevil , much appreciated.

Always loved Subsonic/Madsonic .. it was the only windows based streamer can handle a large database without exploding. I've tried other app's and they all seem to choke after 50,000 tracks (or even less) . Vibe always worked, but was limited in its abilities...

Can't wait to see how Madsonic performs in sql ;) ... <nudge, nudge> ...

Mp3.
These users thanked the author mp3sponge for the post:
Madsonic
FoxBJK

Unread post by FoxBJK »

Not sure what the official contact method is for buying a premium license, but I'd like to get one as well. I have a Subsonic premium key from years ago, but since Sindre decided to go closed source I've been exploring alternatives. This is the best I've found, mainly since it's a fork with so many improvements!

Thanks!
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

take a look at the last Newsletter: http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1803

join the Early Adopter program to stay updated :D

best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
FoxBJK