6.1 Feature Questions: Upload and DB

Need help? Post your questions here.
baileyb622
Contributor
Contributor

6.1 Feature Questions: Upload and DB

Unread post by baileyb622 »

Just upgraded from 6.0 to the 6.1beta without a hitch. Looks great!

I noticed that I no longer have a menu icon for uploading content to the server. Am I missing something or has this feature been removed?
I also noticed that the menu icon for accessing the db.view page is missing. I can still get to it by manually typing the URL, but I'm wondering if this is an indication that you will be pulling the web DB console?

These are two important features for me so just trying to determine if they are going away or if its just because its still in beta. Thanks!
troycarpenter

Re: 6.1 Feature Questions: Upload and DB

Unread post by troycarpenter »

I just came here to ask the same question. I can't find the upload icon or functionality, even though my users are enabled for uploads.

Using version MADSONIC 6.1.8120.UNKNOWN_REVISION.20160304.0114
TastyJams

Unread post by TastyJams »

This is probably just something they have overlooked while rearranging the interface. It is alpha after all. Hopefully they notice this and add the links back in the next build.

Until then, you SHOULD be able to temporarily access the upload page via:
http://your-madsonic-url/moree.view

And of course DB via:
http://your-madsonic-url/db.view

This is one of the few reasons I switched back to 6.0 until I see what changes in the next 6.1 build.
Personally, I can't live without the artist list on the left frame. I'm hoping they add a toggle switch that switches back and forth between the artist list and the menu.
These users thanked the author TastyJams for the post:
troycarpenter
Rating: 7.69%
baileyb622
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by baileyb622 »

Ah, thank you for the Upload URL!! That was the one I couldn't figure out. I'm not picky about the shortcuts being there or not so long as I have these two features available somehow. I thought about going back to the 6.0 release, but I prefer the interface changes in 6.1 better.
troycarpenter

I've never used the upload before, so I didn't have a clue what the upload URL was.

However, I can't get it to work. On the upload page, I can choose a file, but the upload path is NOT what I've set in the General settings page. The field is not editable either. Then, when I submit the file for upload, I get a permissions error, and in the log a Java exception. I've made sure the target directories (both the one on the screen and the one in the settings, just in case) have full 777 permissions. It may be easy to dismiss this as a permissions issue, but short of changing the owner of the directories in question, I don't think that's the case.

Code: Select all

[2016-03-23 10:55:42,160] WARN UploadController - Uploading failed.
java.lang.Exception: Permission denied: /var/media/incoming/Upload-troy/MySong.mp3
        at org.madsonic.controller.UploadController.handleRequestInternal(UploadController.java:111)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:933)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:867)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:951)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:853)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:827)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:684)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1507)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
        at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)
        at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
        at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
        at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.rememberme.RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.java:146)
        at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:154)
        at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:199)
        at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
        at org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:50)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:106)
        at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)
        at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)
        at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1495)
        at org.madsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1495)
        at org.madsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
        at org.madsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:58)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1487)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:499)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:557)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:427)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:370)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:494)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handleRequest(BlockingHttpConnection.java:53)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:984)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1045)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:861)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:231)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handle(BlockingHttpConnection.java:72)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector$ConnectorEndPoint.run(SocketConnector.java:264)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ssl.SslSocketConnector$SslConnectorEndPoint.run(SslSocketConnector.java:670)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
lembou
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by lembou »

sous linux ubuntu 16.04 et debian 8
madsonic version 6.1.8190

mêmes symptômes chez moi avec le retour d'erreur suivant same symptoms at home with the following error return
Fichier envoyé
Echec de l'envoi avec lerreur suivante :
"{0}"
le fichier log retourne ceci the log file returns this
2016-04-19 11:26:14,875] WARN UploadController - Uploading failed.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.madsonic.controller.UploadController$UploadListenerImpl.start(UploadController.java:234)
at org.madsonic.upload.MonitoredDiskFileItem.<init>(MonitoredDiskFileItem.java:41)
at org.madsonic.upload.MonitoredDiskFileItemFactory.createItem(MonitoredDiskFileItemFactory.java:45)
at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:343)
at org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(ServletFileUpload.java:115)
at org.madsonic.controller.UploadController.handleRequestInternal(UploadController.java:83)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:933)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:867)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:951)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:853)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:827)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1507)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:330)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:118)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)
at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:103)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:113)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.rememberme.RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RememberMeAuthenticationFilter.java:146)
at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:154)
at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:45)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:199)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:110)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.doFilterInternal(WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter.java:50)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:106)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)
at org.madsonic.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:43)
at org.madsonic.filter.ParameterDecodingFilter.doFilter(ParameterDecodingFilter.java:54)
at org.madsonic.filter.BootstrapVerificationFilter.doFilter(BootstrapVerificationFilter.java:58)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1487)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1086)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1020)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:494)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handleRequest(BlockingHttpConnection.java:53)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:984)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:1045)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:236)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.BlockingHttpConnection.handle(BlockingHttpConnection.java:72)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector$ConnectorEndPoint.run(SocketConnector.java:264)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ssl.SslSocketConnector$SslConnectorEndPoint.run(SslSocketConnector.java:670)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
pas d'erreur concernant les droits d'écriture no mistake about writable

de plus le bouton upload ne fonctionne pas sous firefox (il fonctionne avec chrome) over the upload button not working in firefox (it works with Chrome)
avec firefox il faut aller à l'adresse http://url/upload.view with firefox must go to http : //url/upload.view
troycarpenter

Upgraded to MADSONIC 6.1.8280.4b123ec.20160505.0842

The upload button is back, which brings up an upload dialog box with the location of where my file should end-up. I select the file and hit upload. It gives an upload progress, but afterwards prints:

"Uploading file
Uploading failed with the following error:
"null""
In the log, I see this (exactly same as before):

[2016-05-23 10:58:35,031] WARN UploadController - Uploading failed.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.madsonic.controller.UploadController$UploadListenerImpl.start(UploadController.java:234)
        at org.madsonic.upload.MonitoredDiskFileItem.<init>(MonitoredDiskFileItem.java:41)
        at org.madsonic.upload.MonitoredDiskFileItemFactory.createItem(MonitoredDiskFileItemFactory.java:45)
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:343)
        at org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(ServletFileUpload.java:115)
        at org.madsonic.controller.UploadController.handleRequestInternal(UploadController.java:83)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:231)
The permissions on the folder are:

total 8.0K
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 root root 4.0K Mar 23 10:56 .
drwxrwxrwx+ 3 root root 4.0K Mar 23 10:49 ..
Not sure what else to check.
troycarpenter

Using new snapshot: MADSONIC 6.1.8520.577d1d0.20160706.1244

Still happens.
troycarpenter

This has got to be a problem with my configuration. Can anyone else confirm that the upload functionality works for them in the latest load (now Madsonic 6.1.8550.3450b22.20160727.0416)? This is with the Linux deb package.
noobnoob
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by noobnoob »

Hello, any news on this?
I had this issue on 6.1.8240, then upgraded to 6.1.8700, and still getting the "WARN UploadController - Uploading failed".
All permissions and SELinux contexts corrects.

As the tomcat user, I can write on the destination upload folder.

Even more, I have a parallel subsonic installation. Can without problems upload any file.

I guess this is a bug then. I wonder, how can the premium option exists when even basic things such as uploads are broken (through different versions as stated above)?

Cheers.
troycarpenter

This was a configuration error for me.

See this thread:
http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... 2006#p6890
Specifically the part where the upload directory must be in the list of media folders.

Once I added the upload directory to the media folders list, uploads worked perfectly.
noobnoob wrote:Hello, any news on this?
I had this issue on 6.1.8240, then upgraded to 6.1.8700, and still getting the "WARN UploadController - Uploading failed".
All permissions and SELinux contexts corrects.

As the tomcat user, I can write on the destination upload folder.

Even more, I have a parallel subsonic installation. Can without problems upload any file.

I guess this is a bug then. I wonder, how can the premium option exists when even basic things such as uploads are broken (through different versions as stated above)?

Cheers.