Possible to browse by folder?

Need help? Post your questions here.
drewbagel423
Been thanked: 0

Possible to browse by folder?

Unread post by drewbagel423 »

Hello,

Most of my music is not tagged with album information because my library consists mainly of singles. I have my music organized in various folders. Is it possible from within Madsonic to simply browse through my folders?
frank2228

Re: Possible to browse by folder?

Unread post by frank2228 »

folderbrowse.JPG
drewbagel423

For some reason my settings screen doesn't have that option. This is on version 6.2.8840.8c8c47a.20161103.0926.
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

Unread post by Madsonic »

Hi there,

This feature is at the moment not available and the configuration option is removed until its complete integrated.
It's planned to bring this feature into Madsonic in an upcoming version.

Best regards
These users thanked the author Madsonic for the post:
frank2228
Rating: 7.69%
madsub

Unread post by madsub »

Madevil wrote: This feature is at the moment not available and the configuration option is removed until its complete integrated.
It never worked for me without problems, because madsonic often did not care about my real folder-names, took the album-tag instead of the folder tag or did not show my album-folder "(1969) Abbey Road" and showed only "Abbey Road" instead.

If you bring it back into at full function it would be very nice to have the possibility to make it possible to configure for each music-folder.
I think there are a lot of people who are constantly tagging their music but it is a never ending job and perhaps there are more people like me who have different folder-structures for already tagged music and music-to-tag.
Last edited by madsub on 28 Nov 2016, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author madsub for the post:
drewbagel423
Rating: 7.69%
drewbagel423

madsub wrote:
Madevil wrote: This feature is at the moment not available and the configuration option is removed until its complete integrated.
It never worked for me without problems, because madsonic often did not care about my real folder-names.

If you bring it back into at full function it would be very nice to have the possibility to make it possible to configure for each music-folder.
I think there are a lot of people who are constantly tagging their music but it is a never ending job and perhaps there are more people like me who have different folder-structures for already tagged music and music-to-tag.
Yeah my library consists of a lot of single songs that don't have albums associated with them, which makes it difficult to navigate through them using Madsonic.
TehErk
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by TehErk »

I would like to "bump" this as well. A simple show by folder structure would do wonders for me as I already have everything sorted in my folder structure, but don't have everything tagged quite properly.

In fact, a database-less option to just show the folder structure would be amazing and would potentially cut down on the system requirements for the software. A Madsonic "lite" if you would. I really dislike media programs that have to scan occasionally because I have a relatively large collection and every time it scans, it takes a long time of heavy hard drive use. That's not particularly good on the hardware.

Stream to Me for the iPhone was designed this way, but alas, they don't have an Android version.