Re: Madsonic Server 6.x Synology-DSM 6.x NAS Plugin

Unread post by Madsonic »

BTW: not a folder called Public is needed, a Volume called Public is needed
dsmshare.png
Aktarus

Unread post by Aktarus »

Merci de m'aider :)

I have a "public" folder with a "Madsonic" subfolder ...
I can't give permission to madsonic user because it doesn't exist anymore since I unsinstall completely Madsonic ...
So I created a user called "madsonic" and give full permission to public folder
WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS :( ...

Still the same error message in my madsonic_package.log file :
09.12.16_08:43:25: Can't find a folder named 'Madsonic' in your public folder.
09.12.16_08:43:25: Please check your public folder and make sure there is a folder called Madsonic (with Capital M) in it. Or select 'No' if you don't want to restore anything and just install Madsonic normally

Mayby it's du to beta version of DSM ... i dont know but i'm sad to lost Madsonic.. :cry: :cry:
Attachments
madsonic_package.log
(4.75 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
Madsonic2.png
Madsonic.png
madschwall
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by madschwall »

It' s a pitty. After restart the same error since some months (DS 213+):

HTTP ERROR: 503
Problem accessing /. Reason:
Service Unavailable

Ok, same procedure as every restart: uninstalling madsonic, installing the latest release, it runs!

However: no login possible:

Service Unavailable

I am sure I can get Madsonic to life by manually deleting the database, configuring Madsonic and building up the database. But this is completely useless as long as this error happens again after next reboot because error is not fixed. Unfortunately, Madsonic was a fine piece of software, but it stopped functioning on Synology DS 213+ some months ago.
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

@Madevil: What happend with the Album view in the lastest release? Its totally messed up.

Version MADSONIC 6.2.9080.619dd31.20161222.0327
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator
Answers: 7

@Oxize

it's only a browser cache problem.

Look for resolution here, its the same issue: http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php ... 959&p=6706

Best regards
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Thanks that worked! :D

@Madevil: Did you ever had that madsonic runned out of memory in the browser if you let it stay open for like 20+ hours? I am getting that, with the last 2 versions. Dunno if its my side because i have like 12 tabs open in Chrome, but i have enough physical memory left.
MadBadMusic

Unread post by MadBadMusic »

madschwall wrote:It' s a pitty. After restart the same error since some months (DS 213+):

Service Unavailable

Ok, same procedure as every restart: uninstalling madsonic, installing the latest release, it runs!

However: no login possible:

Service Unavailable

I am sure I can get Madsonic to life by manually deleting the database, configuring Madsonic and building up the database. But this is completely useless as long as this error happens again after next reboot because error is not fixed. Unfortunately, Madsonic was a fine piece of software, but it stopped functioning on Synology DS 213+ some months ago.
Hi, we have bought the Premium Subscription for Madsonic, for the SONOS Plugin.
Unfortunately I have also the HTTP 503 / Service Unavailable Error on Synology NAS (1515+) with DSM 6.0.2-8451 and Madsonic 6.2-B9240 and B9260-061.

First it worked. As already reported by another user, it sporadically ceases to function.

The log looks looks okay (see attached file).
If the function continues to be impaired, we will terminate the subscription.

Thanks for help!

Regards
MadBadMusic
Attachments
Error 503 on Synology NAS (DSM 6.x)
Error 503 on Synology NAS (DSM 6.x)
Madsonic_Error503_SynologyNAS.png (10.7 KiB) Viewed 90237 times
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

MadBadMusic wrote:
madschwall wrote:It' s a pitty. After restart the same error since some months (DS 213+):

Service Unavailable

Hi, we have bought the Premium Subscription for Madsonic, for the SONOS Plugin.
Unfortunately I have also the HTTP 503 / Service Unavailable Error on Synology NAS (1515+) with DSM 6.0.2-8451 and Madsonic 6.2-B9240 and B9260-061.

First it worked. As already reported by another user, it sporadically ceases to function.

The log looks looks okay (see attached file).
If the function continues to be impaired, we will terminate the subscription.

Thanks for help!

Regards
MadBadMusic
Hi there,

We also discover some problems with the filesystem on the latest DSM 6 firmware resulting in database deadlocks,
with the latest experimental build 6.2.9280 we include a fix for the database shutdown.

more info: alternative installation option on Synology 6.0.x http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2073

best regards,
The Madsonic Team
MadBadMusic

Hi,

where I can find the latest experimental build "6.2.9280" ?
On the website I see only build x.9260.

Regards
MadBadMusic
Madsonic
Administrator
Administrator

Please scroll down to the first installation option on the following link ;)

Download: http://forum.madsonic.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2073
MadBadMusic

Hi,

thanks for your support.

Now MadSonic is working again. However, it was necessary to remove the folder /Public/Madsonic and not import the backup, otherwise the same error message occurred!
Before I have write this topic here, it has already occurred and I did exactly the same. The only way to fix it was to create a clean/new database, although the "old" database was only a few days old. What I want to say is that the error occurred sporadically and without characteristics. In other posts, I already read of the error, happened after an or multiple reboots of the Synology NAS. I will keep you up to date.

Offtopic:
1. Some artists are simply not found. But there are many albums of this artist and if I check the file properties (e.g. in Windows), it is also entered correctly, but Madsonic does not find. For Example: Andrea Bocelli. Neither Andrea nor Bocelli or the whole name.

2. The sorting in SONOS corresponds neither to my own folder sorting (= my folder structure is alphabetically structured) nor to an alphabetical. The attached picture shows what I mean: Dru Hill, United, Edyta, My Band ...
How can the sorting be corrected/alphabetically?

Regards
MadBadMusic
Attachments
SONOS_WrongFolderSort
SONOS_WrongFolderSort
SONOS_WrongFolderSort.jpg (19.38 KiB) Viewed 90228 times
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

HOW to backup settings/database before installing a new vers

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

Hi all,

I read the question a lot on how a user can backup all his important settings before updating to a newer version of madsonic.
I did not find an answer to this yet.

Can anyone point me to a post/thread, if it already exists, or give me 3 lines of text, telling me what to do when I plan to update the madsonic server, but don't want to start from scratch with all the settings.

Thanks.
zdunas82

Unread post by zdunas82 »

Has anyone managed successfully install this on Synology DSM 6.1? I am getting a 'Failed to install' error. Thanks
Matt Zornig
Contributor
Contributor

Unread post by Matt Zornig »

zdunas82 wrote:Has anyone managed successfully install this on Synology DSM 6.1? I am getting a 'Failed to install' error. Thanks
I will definately test it, when 6.1 is rolled out for my ds1815+ and a compatible version is ready for download ;-)

In the meantime you could check out your logs:

Code: Select all

/volume1/@appstore/Madsonic/madsonic_package.log
Or anything else in this folder.
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

@Madevil: Experienced memory problems with the last 2 releases?

I am getting memory problems, after like 8 a 9 hour keeping it idle in the background. An refresh fixes it, but if you keep it idle for a long time, then i get these memory warning. Using latest Chrome (56.0.2924.87).

And version 6.2.9260 is only for Prem. members?
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Last update from Synology breaks Madsonic.

DSM 6.1.1-15101
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Since Synology DSM 6.1.1-15101 update, Madsonic got broken once again. So i deinstalled everything again and reinstalled the stuff again.

But after the installation Madsonic is verry slow. Even rescanning my mp3 take a long while, when this normally is being done in like 1min. When i check the process which are giving high cpu, are JAVA.

When i disable Madsonic Service. My CPU goes down again. When i enable Madsonic again, JAVA service gives standard around 50% cpu load. This wasnt before.

@Madevil: What can do about this? I am running Madsonic6.2-B9080-DSM6. Tried resetting in Madsonic, and rescanning stuff, but it stays slow.
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Reinstalling gives "failed to install Madsonic". Guess i have to drop this nice piece of software for Synology, since nobody is checking this forum anymore?
twocoleone

Unread post by twocoleone »

I saw a few posts prior to this that 1 of Synology's updates breaks the installation of this application but I would like to know if this is still true. I just tried to install this software to try it out since it looks to meet my needs but right off the bat the installer wont even let me install it and gives an error message. I followed the instructions and went over the posts here to make sure I setup everything the way it should be but once I get to the install part it fails. I attached a pic of the error message, would anyone be able to help with this? I have installed the original program subsonic already to test this application out as well to see which one I prefer more. So far Subsonic installed on Synology without any of the issues I am having with madsonic. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am pretty sure I would prefer the additional features this software provides over the original.

Thank you
Oxize

Unread post by Oxize »

Well i cant downgrade. But even with the latest update DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 3 which has been released this week it isnt working. The fact subsonic is working better, is because they got alot more ppl working on it. So far i know Madevil is the only person which works on Madsonic. He doesnt always have time.

Still hope he sees some time to Madsonic working again for Synology, because i cant use it anymore. So i removed it. Using good old fashion Foobar2000 atm.